The council agreed its Energy Strategy in February 2016.
- Energy strategy 2016-20 (pdf 7 mb)
This provides a strategic framework to deliver energy projects across Havant Borough until 2020 and sets out the direction of travel to improve energy security, reduce fuel poverty and maximise economic benefits. The Strategy has three principles:
- Improve energy efficiency
- Increase local energy generation
- Demonstrate Council Leadership
Statement of intent
A 'statement of intent' enables local authorities to set up their own eligibility criteria to access Energy Company Obligation (ECO) under the Flexible Eligibility (flexi).
- Statement of intent (pdf 265 kb)
ECO is an obligation on energy suppliers aimed at helping households cut their energy bills and reduce carbon emissions by installing energy saving measures.
The third phase of ECO started on 1 October 2018.
The council will publish its new and amended Statement of Intent as soon as the guidance for ECO3 has been made available.
Home Energy Conservation Act (HECA)
Under the Home Energy Conservation Act 1995, we have a duty to publish a report about what we are doing to help with home energy conservation in Havant Borough.
The report must give details of what progress has been made and what plans there are for further improvements.
- Home Energy Conservation Act report 2019 (pdf 4.6 mb)
- Home Energy Conservation Act report 2017 (pdf 500 kb)
Hitting the cold spots
The Hitting the cold spots project continues to help Hampshire residents to keep warmth and well this winter.
We are delighted to announce that in addition to the usual support we have secured funding to help households install first-time central heating systems.
Other support includes:
- Visits from advisors offering advice and practical support
- Access to funding for boiler repairs and replacements
- Provision of electric oil filled radiators for those without heating
- Small grant support to help cope with winter emergencies
If you or anyone you know are struggling to stay warm in your home please call 0800 804 8601 or email email@example.com.
Please note the above services are subject to availability and conditions apply.
Low carbon heat
With support from the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) the council have explored the potential for investing in renewable heat in the borough.
The following studies have been carried out: