The production of the Havant Borough Local Plan 2036 has been underway since 2016. A great deal of work has taken place on the plan up until now to make sure that the plan meets the borough’s needs, that it is robust and that it meets the key tests the Government requires.
The Pre-Submission Havant Borough Local Plan 2036 is now available for public consultation:
- Pre-Submission Havant Borough Local Plan 2036 (pdf 11.8 mb)
The Pre-Submission Local Plan is the version of the plan which the council considers to be ‘sound’ having been informed by extensive research, before it is formally submitted for examination. It takes account of the comments made during previous consultations and takes many of the suggested changes on board.
This consultation is for you to formally tell the Government Inspector whether or not you consider the council has prepared a sound and legally compliant Local Plan.
How to respond
Your comments must be received by 5pm on Monday 18 March 2019 and must be made on the consultation response form.
You should download the interactive pdf form and then use a pdf reader to complete it. You should then email the completed form(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org (please enter the words ‘Pre-Submission Local Plan comments’ into the subject bar of the email), or post them to Planning Policy Team, Public Service Plaza, Civic Centre Road, Havant, PO9 2AX.
- Pre-Submission consultation form (pdf 120 kb)
- Pre-submission consultation form - guidance (pdf 4.7 mb)
At this stage, unless you indicate you wish to appear at the examination you will not have the right to do so. Please note there is no guarantee you will be invited to the examination. The Inspector will decide who they wish to invite to each session. Any written representations will however, carry the same weight as any evidence presented at the Examination Hearings. There are more details about how to respond to the Pre-Submission Consultation in the statement of representations procedure:
- Statement of representations procedure (pdf 307 kb)
- Planning Policy privacy notice - January 2019 (pdf 207 kb)
We will also be running a number of drop in events throughout the consultation should you have any specific queries about how to submit your comments. Please note these sessions will be in a different format from the exhibitions that we’ve held previously. The drop ins will be an ‘open surgery’ for any specific queries or concerns about the Local Plan. We will be able to help in the following ways:
- Explain what’s in the Local Plan and why
- Help you understand the specific paperwork you will need to complete if you want to comment
- Help you understand the process moving forwards
At this stage, you will need to submit your comments to the Inspector. So we are not able to:
- Receive your feedback verbally
- Give feedback on your concerns or suggested changes
- Guarantee whether a suggested change will be accepted by the Inspector
All of the drop-ins will be the same and so if you cannot make the date for the one closest to you, please feel free to come along to another one.
- Monday 11 February – 3pm-7pm - Leigh Park Community Centre (PO9 5BG)
- Friday 15 February – 3pm-7pm - Hayling Island United Reformed Church (PO11 9EY)
- Thursday 28 Feb – 3pm-7pm – Brook Hall Emsworth (PO10 7BY)
- Wednesday 6 Mar – 3pm-7pm – Havant Public Service Plaza (PO9 2AX)
- Saturday 9 March – 11am-4pm - Waterlooville Community Centre (PO7 7AY)
Other current consultations
At the same time, the council is also running a number of other consultations. These are:
- The Draft Community Infrastructure Levy Charging Schedule
- The Local List of validation requirements
- A review of how we’ll consider parking for residential developments in town centres in our Parking Supplementary Planning Document
- A review of the Old Bedhampton Conservation Area
- The Statement of Community Involvement
If you wish to respond to any of these consultations, please do so by email or by post (details above under ‘how to respond’) but you cannot respond to these consultations through the Local Plan form. Please clearly indicate which consultation you are responding to when you write to us. Again, please make sure that we have received any comments regarding these consultations by 5pm on Monday 18 March 2019.
If you have any further queries, you can contact the Planning Policy team by emailing email@example.com or calling 023 9244 6539.
What happens next?
After the consultation has finished, we will collect the responses together and produce a summary of them, which will be published here in due course.
The Local Plan will then be submitted to the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, together with the comments received and the Local Plan’s Examination will start. Further detail on the expected timescales moving forward is in the Local Development Scheme.
- Local Devleopment Scheme - January 2019 (pdf 240 kb)
Adopted Local Plan
The council has an adopted Local Plan; this is made up of the Core Strategy (2011) and the Site Allocations Plan (2014). These will remain in place until the Havant Borough Local Plan 2036 is adopted.
If you have any questions regarding the Local Plan or any of the above, then please do not hesitate to get in contact with us either by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 023 9244 6539.