A consultation on the future of development within the borough of Havant is now live, and the council is eager to hear the views of residents, businesses and community groups on their approach.
The Local Plan is an important strategy required by law that will help decide, manage and shape development in the borough. The borough's Local Plan is titled Building a Better Future.
Havant Borough Council has published a document for public consultation which considers the environmental, infrastructure and development needs of local residents and businesses. Feedback on the approach suggested by the council will help refine the Local Plan so that it meets the bespoke needs of the borough.
Councillor Elizabeth Lloyd (Cabinet Lead for Local Plan, Environment and Water Quality) said "The importance of the Local Plan in securing the long-term needs of the borough cannot be overstated. I urge anyone with an interest in the borough - personal or business related - to take a moment and provide feedback via our survey. By providing your views you can help shape the Local Plan and meet local need."
A series of public exhibitions are being held as part of the consultation, providing additional insight and the opportunity to talk to members of the Planning Policy Team. Venues are:
- Hayling Island United Reform Church - PO11 9EY Tuesday 11 October - (15:00 - 19:00)
- Meridian Shopping Centre, Havant - PO9 1UN Saturday 15 October (10:00 - 16:00)
- St George’s Church Hall, Waterlooville - PO7 7EH Thursday 20 October (15:00 – 19:00)
- Park Community School, Leigh Park - PO9 4BU Thursday 27 October (15:00 - 19:00)
- Public Service Plaza, Havant – PO9 2AX Tuesday 1 November (10:00 – 16:00)
- Emsworth Baptist Church - PO10 7BY Thursday 3 November (15:00 - 19:00)
For more information on the Local Plan and to complete the survey, visit www.havant.gov.uk/localplan. The consultation closes midnight on Monday 14 November.