Update: 20 June 2018
The first step in the development of the Havant Borough Local Plan 2036 was the adoption of the Local Plan Housing Statement in December 2016. The next step was the publication of the Draft Havant Borough Local Plan 2036 (pdf 5.5 mb) which went out to public consultation between 8 January and 16 February 2018.
During the consultation, we hosted 10 exhibitions around the Borough so that residents could speak face to face with the Council’s Planning Officers. To help guide residents through the proposals in the Draft Local Plan 2036, we produced the ‘’Where next’’’ series of booklets which can still be viewed below alongside the exhibition banners:
- Where next for commerce and town centres (pdf 3.8 mb)
- Where next for the environment (pdf 4.5 mb)
- Where next for housing (pdf 8.8 mb)
- Where next for infrastructure (pdf 2.4 mb)
- Draft Havant Borough Local Plan 2036 Consultation Banners (pdf 7 mb)
We would like to take the time to say a massive thank you to everyone who attended the exhibitions, engaged with the consultation and submitted comments to us. Below you will find the representations received and an overview of the consultation. There is also a more extensive summary sheet setting out how the consultation was run, the level of responses we received and how the Local Plan will be taken forward, including the date for the pre-submission consultation.
- Representations received on the Draft Havant Borough Local Plan 2036 (coming soon)
- Draft Havant Borough Local Plan 2036 Consultation Engagement Sheet (pdf 72 kb)
- Draft Havant Borough Local Plan 2036 Consultation Summary Sheet (pdf 973 kb)
We have now documented and read through all the representations received. To outline what suggestions, alterations and further research we will now undertake because of your representations, we have produced a Consultation Summary Report below. The report summarises the representations received for each policy/allocation and highlights for each policy/allocation our proposed actions moving forward.
- Consultation Summary Report (pdf 4.5 mb)
As documented in the Consultation Summary Report above, we are now arranging further meetings with many organisations, as well as using the representations received, to update the emerging Local Plan 2036. This next edition will be called the Pre-Submission Havant Borough Local Plan 2036.
We are also working to finalise the evidence base which underpins the Local Plan, including the work regarding the Borough’s transport and infrastructure networks.
We anticipate going out to consultation with the pre-submission plan early in 2019 and will notify all those who have signed up for updates on the Local Plan when this is published and information about the forthcoming consultation.
If you would like to stay up-to-date with the Local Plan process, then you can sign up for updates. In doing so you will be receive the following via email:
- Our Local Plan Newsletter;
- Notifications of upcoming Development Consultation Forums (DCFs) and;
- Notifications of Local Plan public consultations, exhibitions and questionnaires.
Adopted Local Plan
The council has an adopted Local Plan; this is made up of the Core Strategy (2011) and the Site Allocations Plan (2014). These will remain in place until the Havant Borough Local Plan 2036 is adopted.
If you have any questions regarding the Local Plan or any of the above, then please do not hesitate to get in contact with us either by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling us on 023 9244 6539.