The Council issues a range of other licences and permits in relation to charitable collections, furniture on the highway, scrap metal and street trading.

House to house collection licence

If you intend to collect money or items for charity by visiting people at home or at a business, you may need a licence. There is no cost for the grant of this licence.

Within one month after the date of any collection, the person to whom the licence has been granted shall forward a completed Form of Statement to the Council.

Please note: no licence will be issued to a person (or collecting company) if that person (or any representative of the collecting company) has not returned a Form of Statement from a previous collection.

Apply via post or email:

Furniture on the highway

If you wish to place furniture on the highway (this includes any public footpath or pedestrianised area), you will require either a Pavement Licence or Tables and Chairs Permit. Details of how to apply can be found here.

Hypnotism permit

You must have authorisation to demonstrate or perform a hypnotism act in public.

Apply via post or email:

Scrap metal dealer licence

A scrap metal dealer must hold either a site licence or a mobile collector’s licence.

Apply online:

Apply via post or email:

Sex establishment, cinema and sex shop licences

You need a licence to run a sex shop (selling sex toys, books and videos) or run a cinema showing sexually explicit films. You will also require a licence for a premises that regularly provides sexual entertainment, such as lap dancing.

Apply online:

Apply via post: 

Street collection permit

If you want to collect money or sell items on the street or in a public space for charity or good cause, you may need a street collection permit.

Please contact the Licensing Team at or 02392 446660 as soon as possible so we can check availability of your requested dates before submitting an application form (which must be received no later than one month prior to the collection date).

Apply via post or email:

Street trading consent

On 22 November 2023, the Council resolved to adopt Part III and Schedule 4 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 in relation to street trading. It further resolved that all streets in the Borough of Havant, with the exception of those privately owned, shall be designated as ‘consent streets’ for the purposes of street trading. From 1 January 2024, street trading consent is required to trade in the majority of the Borough. Any person intending to operate as a street trader (including ice cream vans) is recommended to contact the Council’s Licensing Team for advice on whether street trading consent is required. 

Apply via post or email:

Licences and permits issued by other organisations

The Council’s Environmental Health Team process a number of licence applications, listed below. The Environmental Health Team can be contacted at 

Other licences and permits are dealt with by the following organisations: