Government guidance recommends that CIL charging schedules are reviewed at the same time as Local Plans.
Following consideration of the consultation responses on the Draft Charging Schedule, the revised schedule was submitted for examination in June 2021.
The examination was undertaken by an independent examiner, Mr Andrew Seaman of Intelligent Plans and Examinations. His report was received on 27 August 2021. The Examiner's findings were:
- The submitted CIL Charging Schedule provides an appropriate basis for the collection of the levy in the area.
- The Council has provided sufficient evidence that shows the proposed rates would not threaten delivery of the relevant submission Local Plan.
- The submitted CIL Charging Schedule satisfies the drafting requirements without the need for further modification.
This means that the Council is now free to adopt the new charging schedule for use. However, as it relates to the emerging Local Plan, the Council intends to adopt these two policies simultaneously, once the Local Plan examination is complete.
The CIL Charging Schedule 2021
- The CIL Charging Schedule 2021 (pdf 694 kb)
- Representations made on the Draft Charging schedule (summary) (pdf 146 kb)
- Representations made on the Draft Charging schedule (full) (pdf 2.1 mb)
- Statement of Modifications (pdf 110 kb)
- Local Plan and CIL Viability Study
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan (pdf 1.4 mb)
Charging schedule examination correspondence
- Examiner Questions - Havant CIL - letter dated 19 July 2021 (pdf 143 kb)
- HBC response to examiner's questions of 19 July 2021 (pdf 119 kb)
- HBC response to examiner's questions of 19 July 2021 - Appendix (pdf 648 kb)
- HBC response to examiner's questions of 19 July 2021 - Addendum (pdf 98 kb)
- Examiner Questions - Havant CIL - letter dated 9 August 2021 (pdf 143 kb)
- HBC response to examiner's questions of 9 August 2021 (pdf 136 kb)
- Havant CIL Examiner Final Report August 2021 (pdf 820 kb)