The easiest way to submit an application is online through:
Alternatively, you can download the standard planning application form from the Planning Portal to complete and send in the post.
You can apply to us yourself or you can appoint an agent to apply for planning permission on your behalf.
Havant Borough Council recommends you choose an experienced planning agent or architect; we operate an Accredited Agent scheme for household extensions and alterations.
You don't need to own land to apply for planning permission for it. This means you can apply for permission before deciding whether or not to buy a piece of land but you must notify:
- The owner or all the part-owners (if you are not the full owner)
- Any leaseholders with at least seven years' lease remaining
- Any agricultural tenants.
Your application must include:
- A fully complete and correct application form
- Mandatory documents and plans as specified in the national requirements (including fees)
- Further documents and plans as specified in the local authority’s list of local requirements.
We will check your application thoroughly and contact you to let you know whether the process has started or if you need to provide further information.