Havant Borough Trading Concessions

Havant Borough Council is looking for businesses interested in trading from mobile units on Havant Borough Council land for the sale of hot / cold food / beverages and non-food items. We would like to provide a diverse range of options for residents in the borough and encourage applications from both new and established businesses.

Whilst the council has a number of established sites, applications will be considered for any sites owned by the council (subject to suitability). Council owned sites and car parks can be found within the following links:

Council Owned Sites

Car Parks

Trading concessions need to be appropriate to the context of the site and we will generally not introduce a concession if it directly conflicts with a nearby business.

Application Guidance

Interested parties should email property@havant.gov.uk with brief details of the proposal and preferred location (providing a plan if possible).

Our Requirements

  • Provide a high-quality offer.
  • Cover all running costs associated with the mobile unit.
  • Provide their own power (petrol /diesel generators discouraged)
  • Remove the mobile unit at the end of each day's trading.
  • Operate from a mobile unit that ‘fits in’ with its surroundings.
  • Traders are responsible for the collection and disposal of all commercial waste from their unit. Suitable waste bins for customer use are to be provided by the trader, with all waste generated from the site removed at the end of each day. Waste must not be disposed of in Havant Borough Council bins.
  • Applicants are not permitted to locate seating and tables adjacent to their mobile unit unless expressly agreed with the council in writing. 
  • All signage must be on the mobile unit, no freestanding A-Boards, floor signs, flags or banners will be permitted.
  • Havant Borough will not consider applications for the sale of alcohol.

All vendors must have:

  • Employer's Liability Insurance (where applicable).
  • Public Liability Insurance to the level specified by the Council.
  • A current Food Hygiene rating.
  • Vendors must be registered with the council's environmental health team.