Property services is made up of the following teams:
What we do:
- keep a comprehensive and up to date record of all council land holdings
- manage all the council’s commercial property and negotiate all agreements and leases including rent reviews
- keep the council’s property portfolio under review and seek opportunities for income generation or cost savings in respect of under-performing assets
- negotiate the acquisition and disposal of all council interests in land and buildings and settle any property-related compensation claims
- inspect council land and property and seek to prevent or deal with unauthorised access, encroachments and uses of council land
Buildings and maintenance team
What we do:
- deal with routine and planned maintenance of the council's buildings
- ensure that council occupied buildings are suitable for individual service provision and ‘fit for purpose’, as well as ensuring they are maintained to current Health and safety standards
- provide a construction and refurbishment service for council-owned buildings
- energy monitoring and initiatives and implementation of energy and water policies
- spatial planning service and advice on maximising utilisation of assets
- ensure, where practicable, premises are accessible for disabled people
- manage building-related capital works projects
What we do:
- security and keyholder services for the Public Service Plaza, including evenings and weekends
- cleaning and catering functions for the Plaza
- attendanting and chauffeuring functions at the Plaza
- printing and stationery functions
- portering and courier functions including arrangements for the council’s shared equipment, such as furniture, projectors and screens etc
- acts as licensee for the liquor, entertainment and other purposes within the Plaza complex
Vacant council-owned property
UNIT SU32b, Meridian Shopping Centre, Elm Lane, Havant, PO9 1UN
The unit is located on the first floor of the shopping centre, is suitable for Class E ‘Commercial Business & Service’ use within the Use Classes Order 2020 and is approx 57.59 sq m/620 sq ft.
- Property particulars - Unit SU32-B (pdf 1.7 mb)
1 Park Road South, Havant, PO9 1UN
This property is suitable for both retail & office use, with two separate areas to the front & rear of the property, WC facilities and a private car park to the rear. The premises is located on Park Road South, in close proximity to Havant High Street. The premises currently has an E use class. Other uses will be considered subject to planning.
- Property Particulars - 1 Park Road South, Havant (pdf 492 kb)
Contact our Estates Team if you have any questions about either of the above properties, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Havant Borough Council is committed to making available a comprehensive list of our property assets.
This is in line with the government’s transparency agenda.