Support for struggling families through the Household Support Fund

Monday, 18 July, 2022

People who are already receiving Housing Benefit or the housing element of Universal Credit and have applied for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) but are in exceptional need can apply now for a one-off grant through the Household Support Fund.

The fund can be used to help cover rent arrears built up before a benefit claim was made.

These grants have been funded by central government and allocated to Havant Borough Council (HBC) by Hampshire County Council.

The scheme runs until 30 September 2022 or until the funds have been allocated.

HBC has been working with housing associations, Citizens Advice and debt support agencies to ensure that those who need it most are aware of the scheme.

Councillor Gwen Robinson, HBC Cabinet Lead for Affordable Housing, Communities and CIL said:

“The nature of the current inflationary pressures in the economy are affecting the lowest paid in society the most.

“These grants will help those most in need to keep a roof over their heads.

“Families that receive benefits but are still struggling financially should check our website to see if they’re eligible for a grant.”

Find out more and apply for the Household Support Fund.