With temperatures currently set to be fair on bank holiday Monday 3 May, Havant Borough Council is reminding residents and visitors to Hayling Island to enjoy themselves safely.
Hayling Island has miles of beautiful shoreline for everyone to enjoy, whether you are a water sports enthusiast, dog walker, horse rider, swimmer or a beach goer, there is enough space for all.
Check our website before you leave home to find out the latest traffic updates, things to do, and beach safety information.
Planning your visit to the island can ensure you visit the best beach area for the activity or pastime you choose. Signage showing areas and times for activities have been installed to ensure all beach users are in the correct area for their chosen enjoyment.
Pay and display parking is available in all of these areas. All car parks accept cash, cards and *RingGo for easy payment. Members of our parking team will be in the area throughout the bank holiday weekend to assist motorists.
The three top tips for visitors and residents are;
- Stay safe whilst having fun. Hands, Face, Space, Fresh air - we ask that you abide by the current rules to ensure the safety and enjoyment for all.
- Be kind. Be respectful of all other beach users. Whether you are visiting for the beautiful views, peace and quiet or for the thrilling water sports and horse riding there is space for everyone. (Please ride with care, sail with safety, respect the local community and oblige council operatives)
- Leave nothing behind. Pick up after your dog or horse. Place litter and left overs in the bins provided. If the bins are full take your litter home. This includes fishing tackle, used BBQ’s and anything else you may have brought with you and no longer want.
Some coronavirus restrictions remain in place across the country. Currently you can meet in a group of six or a larger group of any size from up to two households (including their support bubbles) outdoors. However, you must not travel at all if you:
- have been told by the NHS Test and Trace service to self-isolate
- are experiencing any coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
- are self-isolating as a result of COVID-19 symptoms or sharing a household or support bubble with somebody with symptoms
*download the RingGo app from your App store or Google play.