Hampshire Home Choice is a sub-regional choice based lettings scheme managed by Havant Borough Council in partnership with other local authorities.
Hampshire Home Choice is a way of looking for social housing available for rent across the Hampshire Home Choice sub-region and aims to give applicants a choice in deciding where they wish to live.
The aim of Hampshire Home Choice is to:
- Provide a single system of allocations across the council areas
- Provide a system that customers can understand and which is both open and fair
- Increase the sustainability of local communities
- Facilitate opportunities for mobility across the sub-region
- Assist customers in the highest assessed need and reduce homelessness
- Ensure that vulnerable customers are supported in being able to participate in the scheme
To ensure that everyone is able to take part in the Hampshire Home Choice scheme a number of measures have been put in place to prevent vulnerable people from being disadvantaged.
Hampshire Home Choice will:
- Provide appropriate advice and assistance
- Translate key documents where necessary
- Provide information in alternative formats where necessary
- Develop partnership working with support agencies
- Undertake monitoring and regular reviews of the sub-regional Allocations Framework
- Offer assistance to customers who require additional help with the scheme
- Implement a full monitoring system to ensure vulnerable people are using the scheme successfully