Havant Borough Council
Havant Borough Council is responsible for services such as bin collections, collecting council tax, housing, planning applications, environmental health, parks, community centres, and more.
Constitution of the council
The constitution of the council sets out exactly how the council operates, how decisions are made and the procedures which are followed to ensure that these are efficient, transparent and accountable to local people.
- During 2017-18 a total of nine companies within the borough were supported with almost £500,000
- 290 new homes were built in the borough of which 96 (33% of new homes) were registered social landlord homes
- 10 local people benefitted from apprenticeship training in 2017-18 with an initial £60,000 invested
- During 2017-18 we continued the Council Tax freeze and provided quality services.
- Community infrastructure levy spending was agreed with more than £1m earmarked to improve the area.
You can find more of our achievements and strategies in our annual report.
Hampshire County Council
Hampshire County Council covers the whole of the county and provides most of the public services in the area.
They are responsible for services such as education, transport, emergency planning, social care, libraries, waste disposal, trading standards and more.
Hampshire County Council services:
- Births, deaths and ceremonies - marriage and civil partnerships, register a birth/death
- Business, economy and consumers - trading standards, tourism, venue hire
- Community support - public notices, grants and funding
- Education and learning - school holiday dates, apply for a school place
- Land, planning and environment - protecting the environment, public notices
- Libraries and archives - libary services
- Social care and health - childcare, adult social care
- Things to do in Hampshire - visit great attractions and plan fun-filled days out in Hampshire
- Transport and roads - report road and paving problems, public transport
- Waste prevention and recycling - Household Waste Recycling Centres, waste permits