The borough benefits from a comprehensive network of bus services linking to surrounding areas such as Portsmouth, Petersfield and Chichester. These services are operated by Emsworth & District, First and Stagecoach.
See more information after the service list:
Bus service list
This is a list of the main services operating within the Borough boundary. Services 7C and 52 are school / college services but the general public can use them. Timetables for each service are available on the relevant bus company's web site, but the most convenient reference is Hampshire County Council's Travel Guide for the Havant area (external link), currently updated for the changes made in April 2017.
An up to date bus network map showing the key routes (shopper and schools services are omitted) is available on Open Streetmap (external link) - this link takes you to Havant town centre from where you can pan around the area, although if you zoom out the service numbers disappear (they re-appear as you zoom back in).
First D1: Waterlooville - Berewood - Hambledon Road - Denmead - Hambledon
First D2: Waterlooville - Berewood - Sunnymead Drive - Denmead
First 7: Wecock Farm - Waterlooville - Crookhorn - Cosham - North End - City Centre - Southsea
First 7C: South Downs College - Crookhorn - Cosham (college service)
First 8: Clanfield - Horndean - Cowplain - Waterlooville - Purbrook - Cosham - Stamshaw - Mile End - City Centre - Gunwharf
Stagecoach 20: Havant - Leigh Park - Crookhorn - Queen Alexandra Hospital - Cosham - Stamshaw - City Centre - Gunwharf
Stagecoach 21: Havant - Leigh Park - Farlington - Copnor - St Marys Hospital - - City Centre - Gunwharf
Stagecoach 23: Leigh Park - Havant - Farlington - Cosham - City Centre - Gunwharf - Southsea
First 27: Rowlands Castle - Leigh Park - Havant - Denvilles - Emsworth
Emsworth & District 28: Havant - Denvilles - Emsworth - Westbourne - Southbourne
Stagecoach 30: Havant - West Town - Hayling Island - Eastoke - Havant
Stagecoach 31: Havant - Eastoke - Hayling Island - West Town - Havant
Stagecoach 37: Havant - Leigh Park - Crookhorn - Stakes Lodge - Waterlooville - Hurstwood - Cowplain - Horndean - Clanfield - Petersfield (some journeys continue as 38 to Alton)
Stagecoach 39: Havant - Leigh Park - Crookhorn - Stakes Hill - Waterlooville - Wecock Farm
First 52: Fareham - Cosham - Crookhorn (school service)
Emsworth & District 54: Petersfield – South Harting - Compton – Westbourne – New Brighton roundabout – Funtington – Chichester
Xelabus 74: Havant - Solent Road (free shopper service)
Stagecoach 700: Felpham - Bognor Regis - Chichester - Southbourne - Emsworth - Havant - Hilsea - North End - Mile End - City Centre - Gunwharf
Other community transport services (Call & Go, Shopmobility, TaxiShare etc.) operate in the Borough including areas not covered by conventional bus services.
14 April 2018
Emsworth and District will be withdrawing their bus services in Hampshire. Apart from various school services, this will directly affect their commercial services 28/28A (Rowlands Castle) – Havant – Denvilles – Emsworth – Westbourne – Southbourne.
The section of routes between Rowlands Castle – Havant – Denvilles – Emsworth will still be served by First service 27.
Service 54 will still provide a link from New Brighton into Westbourne and Chichester once a day.
28 January 2018
Service 39 (Havant - Waterlooville - Wecock Farm): revised frequency every 12 minutes Monday - Saturday and revised timetable. See the Stagecoach website for details (external link).
Other bus related web links
Hampshire County Council produces a range of information about local transport services, go to the HCC bus guides page (external link) for more information.
- A3 Bus Priority Corridor (external link) - the bus priority route used by 'Star' service 8 between Portsmouth, Cosham, Waterlooville and Clanfield. Includes real time information.
- MyJourney Hampshire (external link) - comprehensive journey planning and travel information across the south of Hampshire.
- Traveline NextBuses (external link) - web based application giving times of the next buses calling at a bus stop of your choice. Enter a postcode or address, choose the stop from the list / map and the times of the next buses due to call will be shown.
- Havant Bus Station - details of the second busiest bus station in Hampshire, with information about the facilities provided.
- Quality Bus Partnerships - local authorities and operators work together on a route-by-route basis to deliver comprehensive improvements to bus services. QBPs cover services 7, 8, 20, 21, 23, 37, 39 and 700, serving destinations such as Portsmouth, Southsea, Waterlooville, Petersfield and Chichester.
- Hampshire County Council's Passenger Transport Group (external link) - strategic information about passenger transport across the county.
- Transport for South Hampshire (external link) - details of the partnership covering southern Hampshire which seeks to develop all transport modes in a sustainable way by making infrastructure improvements and providing improved facilities.
- SolentGo Travelcard (external link) - allows bus travel across southern Hampshire using multiple operators through a single 'travelcard' ticket, priced at £8 per day, £30 per week, £100 for 28 days or £280 for 13 weeks. Also available for use on local ferries.
- Details of the Hampshire concessionary bus travel scheme are available on the concessionary travel section of the Hampshire County Council website (external link).