Havant Borough Council’s Accredited Agent Scheme allows us to work alongside planning agents within the scheme to provide a streamlined service for householder (domestic) extensions and alterations.
Are you considering becoming an Accredited Agent with Havant Borough Council?
What are the benefits to you?
- A decision for your clients in 6 weeks (where plans are acceptable on submission)
- Fast validation (48 hours)
- Good communications with officers
- A listing on the Accredited Agent page of the Havant website
- Use of an Accredited Agent logo
The pilot scheme statistics showed that 75% of applications in the scheme received a decision in 38.5 days (on average) compared to 48 days for normal Householder applications.
How does the scheme work?
- You submit your application, along with a checklist, in the normal way and notify the Planning Office by email. Payment must be made within 2 working days, whether by yourself or your client.
- The support team will expect your submission documents to be in good order (following the checklist) as only a ‘light touch’ validation process is employed; the application will be registered within two working days.
- If no changes are required to the plans, the decision will be issued within 6 weeks.
How do I join?
- We require payment of £250 (inc VAT) for 12 months membership. Membership runs from April to March each year. If you start your membership in the middle of the year, we will charge you pro rata for the remaining number of months.
- We will check the quality of any recent submissions and reserve the right to defer (or cancel) membership.
- We will add your name to the current Accredited Agents list on our website and provide you with the logo to use in your marketing materials.
If you are interested, and we hope you are, please contact the Planning Services team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance to register your interest and we will send you further details and registration documents.