Each year we produce a statement of our accounts that we publish online before 30 September. External auditors look at the accounts before we publish them and you can question them about their findings.
We also have to review the effectiveness of our governance framework each year, an exercise that involves teams across the council.
Audit of accounts 2018-19
The external audit of the draft statement of accounts for the year ended 31 March 2019 has not yet been completed by our external auditors, EY LLP.
We apologise for the delayed submission of the statement of accounts and are working closely with the auditor to deliver it as soon as possible.
This situation is allowed for by Regulation 10, paragraph (2a) of the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015.
Therefore this notification explains, as per paragraph (2a), that we are not yet able to publish our audited 2018-19 final statement of accounts in line with deadline of 31 July 2019, as per paragraph (1).
The Governance, Audit and Finance Committee will consider the results of the 2018-19 audit when it meets in quarter 3 after which we will publish the final audited accounts.
A signed copy of the Statement of Accounts is available upon request, please email the Chief Finance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final accounts from previous years
- Statement of accounts 2017-18 (pdf 1.7 mb)
- Statement of accounts 2016-17 (pdf 3.3 mb)
- Statement of accounts 2015-16 (pdf 11 mb)
- Statement of accounts 2014-15 (pdf 2.5 mb)
- Statement of accounts 2013-14 (pdf 3.2 mb)
- Statement of accounts 2012-13 (pdf 3.4 mb)
- Statement of accounts 2011-12 (not available)
- Statement of accounts 2010-11 (pdf 458 kb)
- Statement of accounts 2009-10 (pdf 686 kb)
- Statement of accounts 2008-09 (pdf 2 mb)
- Statement of accounts 2007-08 (pdf 823 kb)
- Statement of accounts 2006-07 (pdf 923 kb)
- Statement of accounts 2005-06 (pdf 292 kb)
- Statement of accounts 2004-05 (pdf 474 kb)
Alternatively a hard copy can be obtained free of charge by emailing email@example.com.
Each year the amount of allowances awarded to each councillor is made public.
The councillor allowances scheme is reviewed at least every 4 years to comply with legislation. The next review is due in 2019.