Havant Borough Council believes it is important that residents can see how council tax payer’s money is spent.
The data below is available to reuse under the Open Government Licence for public sector information.
For procurement queries please contact us by email: email@example.com or telephone: 023 9244 6396.
This data extract provides business rates information that is requested on a regular basis.
- Business rates full listing (xls 1.06 mb)
Every quarter we publish monthly figures for all transactions that we have made with our suppliers that are over £500.
This data is available to reuse under the Open Government Licence for public sector information.
Council spend in 2018
- September 2018 (xls 73 kb)
- August 2018 (xls 63 kb)
- July 2018 (xls 57 kb)
- June 2018 (xls 60 kb)
- May 2018 (xls 60 kb)
- April 2018 (xls 60 kb)
Council spend in 2017
Please be advised that updated figures for 2017-18 will be available shortly.
- March 2018 (xls 122 kb) and March 2018 (pdf 760 kb)
- February 2018 (xls 54 kb) and February 2018 (pdf 305 kb)
- January 2018 (xls 102 kb) and January 2018 (pdf 628 kb)
- December 2017 (xls 100 kb) and December 2017 (pdf 613 kb)
- November 2017 (xls 186 kb) and November 2017 (pdf 1.2 mb)
- October 2017 (xls 105 kb) and October 2017 (pdf 644 kb)
- September 2017 (xls 30 kb) and September 2017 (pdf 70 kb)
- August 2017 (xls 30 kb) and August 2017 (pdf 70 kb)
- July 2017 (xls 35 kb) and July 2017 (pdf 76 kb)
- June 2017 (xls 37 kb) and June 2017 (pdf 76 kb)
- May 2017 (xls 74 kb) and May 2017 (pdf 68 kb)
- April 2017 (xls 28 kb) and April 2017 (pdf 71 kb)
- March 2017 (xls 46 kb) and March 2017 (pdf 87 kb)
- February 2017 (xls 39 kb) and February 2017 (pdf 72 kb)
- January 2017 (xls 34 kb) and January 2017 (pdf 73 kb)
Council spend in 2016
- December 2016 (xls 32 kb) and December 2016 (pdf 72 kb)
- November 2016 (xls 98 kb) and November 2016 (pdf 73 kb)
- October 2016 (xls 39 kb) and October 2016 (pdf 70 kb)
- September 2016 (xls 40 kb) and September 2016 (pdf 79 kb)
- August 2016 (xls 28 kb) and August 2016 pdf kb)
- July 2016 (xls 30 kb) and July 2016 (pdf 70 kb)
- June 2016 (xls 36 kb) and June 2016 (pdf 76 kb)
- May 2016 (xls 74 kb) and May 2016 (pdf 67 kb)
- April 2016 (xls 40 kb) and April 2016 (pdf kb)
- March 2016 (xls 95 kb) and March 2016 (pdf 121 kb)
- February 2016 (xls 76 kb) and February 2016 (pdf 108 kb)
- January 2016 (xls 104 kb) and January 2016 (pdf 99 kb)
In accordance with the Local Government Transparency Code 2015 there is a requirement on local authorities to publish the following information with regard to counter fraud work.
|Local Government Transparency Code 2015 - Fraud 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018|
Number of occasions powers under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud (Power to Require Information) (England) Regulations 2014, or similar powers have been used
Total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of employees undertaking investigations and prosecutions of fraud
Total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of professionally accredited counter fraud specialists
Total amount of time spent by the authority on the investigation and prosecution of fraud
|Total number of fraud cases investigated||0|
These are currently reported within the expenditure listings. The council's financial reporting system is being upgraded to enable grant payments to be disclosed separately, however if further information is required please contact the Finance team.
We hold details of all our land and assets, including each property’s name, address, its area in various measurements and the reason why we hold it (commercial, investment, open space or operational).
- Property assets 2018 (xls 91 kb)
Locations and charges of car parks; and bays in Havant is available on our parking webpage.
We use Capita to help us get the best value for money when we are buying goods and services and securing service contracts.
- Contracts transparency data (xls 32 kb)
If you are interested in selling to the council, register on the Capita Partnership Portal. This is where we advertise all of our contracts.
In addition, you will be able to see a wide range of other contracts being advertised by other organisations who work with Capita.
Havant Borough Council does not hold any housing stock.
- Pay policy statement 2018-19 (word 68 kb)
Havant Borough Council employs 262 members of staff (correct as of September 2018) and is required to publish annually certain information regarding pay of senior members of staff. The information contained in this section relates to the remuneration (total pay) during 2017-18 and is broken down as follows;
- The number of employees whose remuneration in 2017-18 was at least £50,000 in brackets of £5,000
- Details of remuneration and job title of certain senior employees whose salary is at least £50,000
- Employees whose salaries are £150,000 or more identified by name
- A list of responsibilities held by employees whose salary exceeds £50,000.
The council shares a management team with East Hampshire District Council. Posts which are shared with East Hampshire District Council are identified. Although the payment of these posts is shared equally between the two councils, for the purposes of senior salary publication, remuneration information is shown against the employing council for the postholder. Responsibilities of the management team can be found under management structure.
- Senior management team salaries (xls 13 kb)
The same information relating to senior salaries at East Hampshire District Council can be found on their website.
This is paid time off for union representatives to carry out their trade union duties.
Trade union facility time 2017-18
|Total number of staff who are trade union representatives||9|
|Total number of trade union representatives devoting 50% or more of their time to Trade Union Duties||0|
|Trade unions recognised at East Hampshire District Council||UNISON|
|Total estimated spend on facilities time annually as a percentage of the total pay bill||0.8%.|
Havant Borough Council is a Waste Collection authority. Waste services are delivered for Havant Borough Council by Norse South East, a joint venture company owned by Havant Borough Council and Norfolk County Council the purpose of which is to provide higher quality services at reduced cost, with the generation of income to help plug the gap for lost Government grant.