This report is the full budget report agreed by Havant Borough Council for 2018-19.
- Revenue and capital budget 2018-19 (pdf 102 kb)
It shows the net cost of providing council services and how this expenditure is funded.
Also within this document is information showing the forecast financial position over the next three years, taking into account changes in government funding, other income and spending.
The report also includes information on Council Tax charges, reserves position, and treasury management policies.
How we are funded 2018-19
The council gets its funding from these areas:
- Council Tax (8.088)
- New homes bonus (1.788)
- Releases from reserves (-0.019)
- Revenue support grant (0.290)
- Retained business rates (2.943)
- Section 31 grants (1.082)
- Other general government grants (2,205)
- Sales - fees and charges (5.710)
- Sales - commercial enterprises (2.391)
Total - £24.478 million
Distribution of Council Tax payments
The council distributes Council Tax payments accordingly:
- Hampshire County Council (73.1%)
- Hampshire Police & Crime Commissioner (10.8%)
- East Hampshire District Council (12.1%)
- Hampshire Fire & Rescue Authority (4%)