The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines are safe and effective. They give you the best protection against COVID-19.
The NHS is doing an excellent job at getting the COVID-19 vaccine and booster programme rolled out. The vaccine is being delivered in hundreds of hospital hubs, local GP-led services, pharmacies and care homes.
Book or manage a COVID-19 vaccination
You can use this service if you're registered with a GP surgery in England. You can register with a GP if you do not have one.
- 1st and 2nd doses for people aged 5 years old and over
- boosters for people aged 16 years old and over, plus at-risk children aged 12 to 15 years old
- spring boosters for people aged 75 years old and over, plus people aged 12 years old and over with a weakened immune system
- additional primary doses for people with a severely weakened immune system aged 12 years old and over
Find a walk-in COVID-19 vaccination site
You can get a dose of the COVID-19 vaccine from a walk-in site without an appointment.
You do not need to be registered with a GP to use a walk-in vaccination site.
Types of COVID-19 vaccine
The COVID-19 vaccines currently approved for use in the UK are:
- Moderna vaccine
- Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine
- Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine
You cannot usually choose which vaccine you have. When you book, you'll only be offered appointments for vaccines that are suitable for you.
More information about the COVID-19 vaccination
The following links provide further information from the NHS website.