If you are displaying at least one of the three coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms - a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or you’ve lost your sense of smell or taste or it’s changed - please get a free NHS coronavirus test.
Together with Hampshire County Council, we have launched a new testing site for people from certain groups can get tested without showing symptoms.
This is important to help keep workplaces that need to stay open safe as it's been shown that around one in three people have coronavirus without showing symptoms. Therefore, regular testing for people with no symptoms will help to find positive cases earlier and break chains of transmission.
The new tests are called 'rapid lateral flow tests'. Your results will be texted to you later that day.
Testing is free and available for the following groups:
- People regularly leaving home to go to work, as they can’t work from home; including people who are self-employed or who work for businesses with fewer than 50 employees
- People not covered by an existing workplace testing scheme or other programme
- Households with primary school, secondary school and college age children, including childcare and support bubbles
- Households, childcare and support bubbles of primary, secondary and college staff
- Adults working in the wider school community, including bus drivers and after school club leaders
Schools will be providing self-test kits to staff and secondary-age pupils. Children attending sites are therefore encouraged to access their tests through schools, however, if these children do book slots and attend sites alongside members of their bubble for the above reasons, then they will be offered a test accordingly.
Alternatively you can call the team to make your booking on 01730 234110.
The tests will take place at Havant Library, Meridian Centre, Elm Lane, Havant, PO9 1UN.
Opening times are:
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am-5pm (last appointment at 4.30pm)
- Saturdays, appointments begin at 9.30am or 9.35am and final appointments are available from 4.30pm–4.40pm
The booking portal shows all available time slots.
If your business has more than 50 employees you can still order coronavirus tests for your employees.
We're all doing everything we possibly can to help stop the spread of coronavirus and this is one of the ways that can help keep our community safe.
Parents of children at school or nursery are encouraged to test themselves and family members at home. Home tests can be picked up from the following sites
- Fareham – Cams Alders car park - 1pm to 8pm
- Gosport – Walpole Park car park - 1pm to 8pm
- Havant – Havant Civic Centre car park - 1pm to 8pm