This 2014 update has been produced in order to reflect the allocation of sites in the now adopted Local Plan (Comprising the Core Strategy 2011 and Allocations Plan July 2014).
It also provides the opportunity to include appropriate sites that were promoted to the authority after the deadline for inclusion in the latest local plan.
In addition to this it ensures consistency with the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) and the more recent Planning Practice Guidance (PPG): Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (2013).
The Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) does not determine whether a site should be allocated for housing development. That is the role of a Local Plan. The SHLAA includes all known sites that have the potential for housing development. The inclusion of a site in the SHLAA does not have any relevance to whether planning permission would be granted at the site; the SHLAA is the evidence for the Local Plan not planning applications.
- SHLAA 7th edition (pdf 1.12 mb)
Appendix 4: Maps – Developable Housing Sites
These can be viewed individually as follows:
- Map 1 Developable Housing Sites Cowplain and Waterlooville (pdf 3.95 mb)
- Map 2 Developable Housing Sites Waterlooville and Purbrook (pdf 4.49 mb)
- Map 3 Developable Housing Sites Leigh Park (pdf 780 kb)
- Map 4 Developable Housing Sites Widley and Bedhampton (pdf 3.31 mb)
- Map 5 Developable Housing Sites Havant and Bedhampton (pdf 5.17 mb)
- Map 6 Developable Housing Sites Emsworth (pdf 3.93 mb)
- Map 7 Developable Housing Sites Hayling Island (pdf 3.43 mb)