Information on planned roadworks can be found on the roadworks.org website.
It gives information about road closures, roadworks, obstructions, events and other information for road users in Hampshire.
Request a road closure
If you wish to close a road for statutory works (water, gas, etc) please contact HCC at the earliest opportunity to discuss your requirements and obtain a licence to undertake the works. This is important to ensure that works do not clash with any other planned roadworks or another event/road closure nearby.
Once you have received approval from HCC please complete the following application form and return it to email@example.com.
- Traffic Regulation Order - Application form (word 38 kb)
When submitting your application please ensure you attach:
- A plan of the exact location to be closed, including distances if appropriate
- A plan of the diversion route and details of diversionary signage.
All applications must be submitted no less than 6 weeks in advance of the proposed closure.
- Closure under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act: £1,700.00 + 2 adverts in the local press*
- Emergency Closure under section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act: £2,000.00 + 2 adverts in the local press if closure is more than 21 days
*advertising cost to be processed separately following confirmation of price by press.