Completed road projects
Southmoor Lane, Brockhampton Road, Harts Farm Way and Brookside Road roundabout
This work is due to be undertaken from 6 August to 30 November 2018 (17 weeks) and covers works on the existing junction at Harts Farm Way, Brockhampton Road, Brookside Road and Southmoor Lane.
Please be advised diversions will be in place at this roundabout from 5-9 November 2018 from 7pm to 7am.
The works include:
- The creation of a normal roundabout to replace what is a non-standard mini roundabout
- Alterations of the kerb approaches to all four arms
- Adjustments to the four entry and exit arm alignments
- New construction of and adjusted to splitter islands on all four arms that will allow improved pedestrian movements around the pedestrian footways around the roundabout
- Widening of the existing footway northern footway on Brookside Road from Brockhampton Road junction to improve off road shared cycle facilities
- Conversion of verge into carriageway at the exit of the roundabout into Southmoor Lane
To minimise the impact of the project on the surrounding business the proposed works are to be undertaken under ‘traffic sensitive’ conditions with off peak working 09:30 – 16:00 each weekday. Some night working will be required for surfacing elements of the roundabout commencing at 20:00.
The works will be conducted under Chapter 8 Traffic management layouts with the probability of traffic light control. Unless express approval is received no traffic light control is to be used beyond the off peak working period.
The construction will be undertaken using conventional excavation techniques, requiring the installation of kerbs, resurfacing and alterations to the existing storm water drainage elements within the works extents.
The existing lighting design is to be revised. This involves the removal of the lamp columns in the junction and erection of new at new locations around the junction to be undertaken by HCC’s term/PFI lighting contractor
This geographical area contains industrial units of various sizes and is an important employment centre for Havant and the surrounding area.
This roundabout junction provides the only highway link from the A27 via Harts Farm Way to Southmoor Road and Penner Road beyond.