Havant represents a unique opportunity in the South East; located between the beautiful countryside of the South Downs National Park and the Solent coastal experience.
Benefiting from excellent national road and rail links, Havant plays a major role in the wider Portsmouth & Solent economy. With development opportunities of over 30 hectares of business/commercial space and more than 10,000 new homes by 2036 Havant is a prime location for investment.
- Prosperity Havant Brochure 2016 (pdf 469 kb)
The future prosperity of Havant is at the heart of the development and economic growth strategy for the borough. Prosperity Havant guides the new Local Plan, planning decisions on applications, our approach to economic development and creating the quality environment which makes the borough attractive for investment and development.
Why do we need to plan for Prosperity Havant?
- Address challenges – jobs growth, skills, business retention, productivity and new and affordable housing.
- Capitalise on opportunities - strategic location, major regeneration & commercial development opportunities
- Enhance the borough's environment – Beautiful coastline and proximity to the South Down is key attractor for the great quality of life in the area.
How will we deliver Prosperity Havant?
- Through the council’s corporate strategy and the Local Plan which prioritise the regeneration of the borough
- Public & Private sector leadership & engagement
- Willingness to work with developers to increase Havant’s success
- Promotion & lobbying
What are the development and regeneration opportunities?
- Havant Town Centre transformation
- Dunsbury Hill Business Gateway
- Waterlooville Town Centre regeneration
- Leigh Park Centre
- Hayling Island seafront regeneration
For more information, please contact Andrew Biltcliffe, Head of Planning on 023 9244 6511 or email email@example.com.