The results for last night’s General Election 2017 are as follows:
Havant Borough constituency
- Ann Buckley (Independent) received 984 (2.12%) votes
- Tim Dawes (Green) received 1,122 (2.42%) votes
- Graham W Giles (Labour) received 11,720 (25.31%) votes
- Paul Gray (Liberal Democrats) received 2,801 (6.05%) votes
- Alan Mak (Conservatives) received 27,676 (59.76%) votes
- John P Perry (UKIP) received 2,011 (4.34%) votes
Alan Mak retains his parliamentary seat for a second term with a majority of 59.76%.
The turn out in Havant borough for this election was 46,390 which is 64.02% of the electorate.
Meon Valley constituency
In the Meon Valley constituency, including areas such as Waterlooville, Cowplain and Hart Plain, Conservative candidate George Hollingbery was returned to parliament with 35,624 votes.
The election there was managed by Winchester City Council and the full results are below:
- George Hollingbery (Conservative) received 35,624 votes
- Sheena King (Labour) received 9,932 votes
- Martin Tod (Liberal Democrats) received 5,900 votes
- Paul Bailey (UKIP) received 1,435 votes
- Andrew Hayward (Green) received 1,301 votes
The turnout was 73.14% of the electorate.