These applications are slightly different from a full variation application and will generally fall into one of four of the following categories:
- minor changes to the structure or layout of a premises
- small adjustments to reduce (not increase) licensing hours
- the removal of out of date, irrelevant or unenforceable conditions or addition of volunteered conditions
- the addition of certain minor licensable activities
No copies of the application are required to be sent to the responsible authorities however the licensing authority may consult with them with regard to the application.
The law requires a white A4 sized notice in a prescribed format to be prominently displayed on or near the premises in such a place where passing members of the public can clearly see and read the notice.
The notice should be visible from all potentially affected streets and displayed for not less than 10 working days.
- Minor variation public notice (pdf 116 kb)
The licensing authority must wait until this period has elapsed before determining the application, but must do so at the latest within 15 working days with the decision of either granted or refused.