The next elections will be held in Havant Borough on Thursday 6 May 2021. It will be a combined poll including postponed borough elections, Police and Crime Commissioner elections for Hampshire and the Hampshire County Council scheduled elections.
The Police Area Returning Officer for Hampshire is Mark Heath at Southampton City Council and more information about these elections can be found on their Police Crime Commissioner website.
The County Returning Officer is John Coughlan at Hampshire County Council and more information about these elections can be found on the Hampshire County Council website.
Notice of elections
- Notice of election - Hampshire County Council (word 73 kb)
- Notice of election - Havant Borough Council (word 8 kb)
- Notice of election - Police and Crime Commissioner (word 23 kb)
- Notice Of Candidates Election Address 2021 - Police and Crime Commissioner (word 34 kb)
Statement of persons nominated
- Statements of Persons Nominated - Hampshire County Council election (word 15 kb)
- Statements of Persons Nominated - Havant Borough Council election (word 23 kb)
- Statements of Persons Nominated Police and Crime Commissioner election (pdf 33 kb)
Notice of election agents
- Notice of Election Agents - Hampshire County Council (word 9 kb)
- Notice of Election Agents - Havant Borough Council (word 11 kb)
- Notice of Election Agents - Police and Crime Commissioner (pdf 32 kb)
Casting your vote safely during coronavirus
Your designated polling station will be printed on your polling card. If you have misplaced this, you can do a quick and easy search online to find your polling station.
Arrangements will be in place to help ensure polling stations are safe places to vote, including:
- hand sanitiser
- social distancing
- requirement to wear face coverings
- Electors are welcome to use their own pen or pencil in the polling station.
Register to vote
If you are an eligible elector and you are already on the Register of Electors for Havant Borough, you do not need to re-register for these elections.
Information on how to register is available on the GOV.uk website. The deadline for applying to register for voting in this election is Monday 19 April 2021.
EU citizens legally resident in the UK may register for the local government franchise and are able to vote in all elections that use the local government franchise. EU citizens currently retain their rights to vote in local elections even though the UK has left the EU for May 2021.
Details of where your polling station is located will be found on your poll card, which will be sent out towards the end of March 2021.
Voting by post or proxy
If you are unable to get to your polling station on 6 May or would prefer to vote another way to cast your vote, you can register for a postal or proxy vote:
- Register to vote by post - the deadline to apply for a postal vote is 5pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021. Please note that you will need to print this form and complete it as a signature is required in order to complete the form.
- Register to vote by proxy - the deadline to apply to vote by proxy is 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021. Please note that you will need to print this form and complete it as a signature is required in order to complete the form.