Havant Borough Local Plan 2036: Pre-Submission Draft
The Pre-Submission Havant Borough Local Plan 2036 was approved by the Full Council on 30 January 2019 and consulted on between 1 February and 18 March 2019.
- Local Plan 2036: what is it, how far we’ve come, how will it help our residents? (pdf 5.7 mb)
- Pre-Submission Havant Borough Local Plan 2036 (pdf 11.8 mb)
We have analysed the consultation responses we received and have produced a summary of the main issues.
Draft Havant Borough Local Plan 2036
The council published the Draft Havant Borough Local Plan 2036 (pdf 5.5 mb) which was subject to public consultation between 8 January and 16 February 2018.
During the consultation, we hosted 10 exhibitions around the borough so that residents could speak face to face with the Council’s Planning Officers. To help guide residents through the proposals in the Draft Local Plan 2036, we produced the 'Where next' series of booklets which can still be viewed below alongside the exhibition banners:
- Where next for commerce and town centres (pdf 3.8 mb)
- Where next for the environment (pdf 4.5 mb)
- Where next for housing (pdf 8.8 mb)
- Where next for infrastructure (pdf 2.4 mb)
- Consultation banners (pdf 7 mb)
Below you will find a summary of the consultation, along with an overview setting out how the consultation was run, the level of responses we received and how the Local Plan will be taken forward:
- Consultation summary (pdf 72 kb)
- Overview and way forward (pdf 973 kb)
- Consultation summary report (pdf 2.3 mb)
- Consultation summary report - Appendix 1 (pdf 2.5 mb)
- Consultation statement (pdf 11.8 mb)
Local Plan Housing Statement
The Local Plan Housing Statement (LPHS) was adopted by Full Council on 7 December 2016.
- Local Plan Housing Statement (pdf 4 mb)
The LPHS was the first step in the review of the Local Plan. The LPHS is a clear position statement as to which sites the council considers could deliver sustainable development to address the borough’s housing need up to 2036; providing that the necessary infrastructure is provided alongside new housing.
The LPHS is an interim statement, a stepping stone in the development of the Havant Borough Local Plan 2036 (HBLP). It will be used when making decisions on planning applications for housing sites whilst the HBLP is in production.
The consultation on the Draft Local Plan Housing Statement
Prior to the adoption of the LPHS, the Draft Local Plan Housing Statement was sent out to public consultation from 25 July to 9 September 2016.
- Draft Local Plan Housing Statement (pdf 2.4 mb)
The responses are available in full. For assistance in viewing the responses received, please use the response instruction guide below: