- getting vaccinated and boosted offers the best protection against COVID-19 - it reduces the risk of getting seriously ill and of spreading it to others
- let in fresh air when indoors
- consider wearing a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces, especially where you come into contact with people you do not usually meet
- if you can, stay at home if you feel unwell
- wash your hands regularly
For the latest information, visit the GOV.UK website.
For travel rules, visit the online guidance about international travel.
While the plan is to manage COVID-19 like any other respiratory illness, the situation will be regularly monitored and appropriate steps will be taken should things change, to limit any future impact the virus may have.
Free testing for coronavirus (COVID-19) from the NHS has ended for most people in England.
Most people in England are no longer advised to get tested. Find out:
- what to do if you have COVID-19 symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19
- what to do if you've been in close contact with someone with COVID-19
- how to avoid catching and spreading COVID-19
If you still want to get tested and you're not eligible for a free NHS test, you must pay for a COVID-19 test yourself.
You can buy a COVID-19 test from some pharmacies and retailers, in person or online.
Who can get free testing?
There are a small number of people who will still be able to get free COVID-19 tests from the NHS:
- if you have a health condition which means you're eligible for new COVID-19 treatments
- if you're going into hospital for surgery or a procedure
- if you work in the NHS or in social care
Keeping you safe
The council will continue to take steps to help ensure the wellbeing of customers, staff and the wider community.
If you need to contact the council, the reception area is open between 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays), phone lines and online contact forms are also available.
The council is compliant with the coronavirus secure government guidance on managing the risk of coronavirus within it's offices.