If you are living in the shadow of your neighbour's evergreen or semi-evergreen hedge and you consider that it is harming the enjoyment of your house or garden, you can complain to the council. However, before we can deal with your complaint you must make significant efforts to try to resolve the problem yourself.

Complaining to us must be a last resort, you must show that attempts to resolve the problem amicably have failed. We act as the third party, we do not mediate or negotiate between you and your neighbour.

This is a chargeable service in line with Havant Borough Council’s current Schedule of Fees:

If you cannot find a resolution without contacting us, please see forms and advice on how to make a complaint below: