Full list of licensing applications

You may need a licence, certificate or permit for some business activities, as well as other things, such as street parties.

If you are not sure what license you need, you can check on the GOV.UK licence finder.

Licences processed by the licensing team

Please complete the relevant online forms on the GOV.UK website. If you would prefer to download an application form, please complete and send to licensing@havant.gov.uk.

Charitable collections licence

If you want to collect money or sell items on the street for charity, you might need a street collection licence.

Please contact the Licensing Team at licensing@havant.gov.uk or 023 9244 6660 before submitting an application form so we can check availability of your requested dates.

If you want to collect money from a home for charity, you might need a house to house collection licence.

Club premises certificate

Full details of how to apply for a club premises certificate can be found on our website.

Gambling and lotteries

Full details of how to apply for gambling permit can be found on our website.

Hackney carriage and private hire licences

Full details of how to apply for a taxi license can be found on the hackney carriage and private hire licences page.

Hypnotism permit

You must have authorisation to demonstrate or perform a hypnotism act in public.

Personal licence

Full details of how to apply for a personal licence can be found on our website.

Premises licence

You will need a premises licence if you want to sell alcohol, serve hot food and drinks between 11pm and 5am, or provide some types of entertainment from a particular venue.

Full details of how to apply for a premises licence can be found on our website.

Scrap metal dealer licence

A scrap metal dealer must hold either a site licence or a mobile collector’s licence.

Sex shop and cinema licence

You need a licence to run a sex shop (selling sex toys, books and videos) or run a cinema showing sexually explicit films.

Street trading licence

You will need to aged 17 or over and tell us the street you want to trade on, and the days and times you want to trade.

You must wait until you receive your licence before you start trading.

Temporary event notice

Full details of how to apply for a temporary event notice can be found on our website.

Licences processed by the environmental health team

Animal boarding licence

You need a licence to set up a kennel or cattery, or just to look after a few animals in your own home. You must wait until you receive your licence before you set up your boarding service.

Caravan and camping site licence

If you allow your land to be used as a caravan or camping site by the public for more than 42 consecutive days, or 60 days in a year, you will need a licence.

Cooling tower

You must tell us if your commercial site uses a cooling tower or evaporative condenser. Cooling towers and evaporative condensers help to remove excess heat from sites like power stations or chemical plants.

Environmental permit

You may need an environmental permit if your business manages or produces waste or emissions that pollute the air, water or land.

Food premises registration

When you start a new food business or take over an existing business, you must register with us.

Houses in multiple occupation (HMO) licence

Full details of how to apply for a premises licence can be found on the house in multiple occupation page.

Pet shop licence

A pet shop is any building where animals are sold as pets, including your own home.

Riding establishment licence

You’ll need a riding establishment licence to hire out horses or ponies for riding, or run a riding school. You will need to renew your licence every year.

Skin piercing/tattooing licence

Skin piercing includes, tattooing, acupuncture, body piercing, electrolysis, semi-permanent and permanent make up.

You must also comply with bye-laws which cover things such as cleanliness of premises and sterilisation of instruments.

Zoo licence

You will need a zoo licence if you are displaying wild animals to the public for at least 7 days a year, in any place that’s not a circus or pet shop.

Licences processed by Hampshire County Council

Explosives licence

Hampshire County Council provides information about the Fireworks Act, changes in law, licensing and registration, firework safety and the sale of fireworks. 

Highways licence

Licences available from Hampshire County Council include: to place a skip on, erect scaffolding or a structure on, to cultivate or excavate part of, to erect banners, hang cables or decorative lights on or over, to excavate to install apparatus and to deposit materials on the highway.