Havant Borough residents are now able to utilise state of the art facilities at Front Lawn Recreation Ground in the heart of Leigh Park.
The £1.6 million project to enhance tired and dated facilities also includes the provision of a new full-size floodlight 3G artificial grass pitch and community hub building. The facility offers opportunities for the community to participate in a wide range of sporting options; including football, tennis, netball and basketball.
- Redeveloped changing facilities which will meet modern day standards
- A full size floodlit 3G artificial grass pitch
- A floodlit Multi Use Sport Area for tennis, netball and basketball
- A Community facility that offers space for the delivery of training and social inclusion programmes as well as catering facilities and meeting space
- Improved and increased car parking
Funding for the facility was achieved through the Football Foundation, Sport England and the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA), as well as the utilisation of developer contributions.
The facilities are open 7 days a week and are managed by the Hampshire FA on behalf of Havant Borough Council.