Havant Borough Council has agreed to proceed to a referendum on the Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan.
Emsworth neighbourhood plan referendum results
The referendum was held on Thursday 8 July 2021 and the result to the question asked was:
“Do you want Havant Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood plan for Emsworth to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
- Number cast in favour of a Yes - 1734 (91%)
- Number cast in favour of a No - 168 (9%)
- Number of ballot papers rejected - 1
- Turnout - 1903 (23%)
Emsworth neighbourhood plan referendum information
The Referendum area is identified on the map which is included with the Referendum Information Statement. It is the same as the Emsworth ward.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
All the relevant information to the Referendum can be found below:
- Emsworth neighbourhood plan information statement (pdf 359 kb)
- The Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan (as modified)
- The independent Examiner’s report into to Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan
- A Summary of the representations submitted to the independent examiner
- The Council’s decision to send the Plan to referendum (NB this was published in 2020 and refers to the referendum date set before Coronavirus Restrictions came into force).
- Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan - Information for voters (pdf 444 kb)