In an emergency

Please call 999 or 112 to contact the Hampshire PoliceHampshire Fire and Rescue, ambulance service or coastguard.

Please call 101 to report non-emergency and anti-social behaviour issues.

Emergency services provided by Hampshire County Council

To contact the adult social care department, please call 0300 555 1386.

To contact child protection services, please call 0300 555 1384 or email If it's an emergency and a child is in immediate danger, please call 999.

There is also an out of hours service, please call 0300 555 1373.

Local council news

In the event of an emergency, we will post information on our website and social media.

HBC also runs a limited out of hours service.


In the event of a power cut, please call 105 to report or get information about power cuts in your local area.

Advice and information about what to do during a power cut can be found on the Power Cut 105 website.

Environmental incident (pollution)

On the Environment Agency website, you can report incidents such as;

  • Damage or danger to the natural environment
  • Pollution to water or land
  • Poaching or illegal fishing
  • Main rivers blocked by a vehicle or fallen tree causing risk of flooding

To contact the Environment Agency incident hotline, please call 0800 80 70 60.


On the National Grid website, you will find information on what to do if you smell gas or suspect there is a gas emergency. You will also find gas safety advice.

If you smell gas, please call 0800 111 999, this service is available 24 hours a day.


Sign up to get warnings in England by phone, email or text message if your home or business is at risk of flooding. The service is free.

Report a flood or possible cause of flooding - who you need to contact depends on what’s flooding.

To contact the Environment Agency Floodline, please call 0345 988 1188 or check the website for flood warnings.

Hampshire school closures

Emergency closures are displayed on the Hampshire County Council website.

Please visit the school website for the most up-to-date information.

Hampshire waste and recycling centres

Find your nearest recycling centre on the Hampshire County Council website.

Roads in severe weather

You can check weather and travel information on the ROMANSE website (travel information for Hampshire) and by following Hampshire Highways on Twitter.

Hampshire County Council also has information on their website such as;

You can also find severe weather warnings on the Met Office website.

Water and sewage

Southern Water offers emergency advice on their website. There is also a 24 hour emergency contact number, please call 0330 303 0368.