If you plan to demolish a building, you are required by law to tell:
- the local authority
- the suppliers of gas and electricity
- the occupiers of next door buildings.
You should complete a Section 80 Notice and wait until we have replied to this, or six weeks have passed, before you undertake the demolition.
- Demolition application form (word 242 kb)
You don’t need to tell us if the demolition is:
- an internal part of a building
- in a building that is occupied and it will continue to be occupied
- a building with an external volume of not more than 50m cubed
- a greenhouse, conservatory, shed or prefabricated garage (where they form part of a larger building)
- an agricultural building, unless it is in contact with another non-agricultural building.
If you demolish a building, you won’t automatically get planning permission to build a replacement on the site.
For further information or advice, please contact Building Control on 023 9244 6571 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.