It is important that if there is something you do not agree with, or if you think we have not worked out your benefit correctly, you tell us in writing, within one calendar month of the date shown at the top of your benefit notification letter.

Please write to: Havant Borough Council, Public Service Plaza, Civic Centre Road, Havant, PO9 2AX.

Remember if you do not think you are receiving enough benefit you must tell us within one month to ensure your claim can be amended from the exact date.

If you tell us outside one month, your claim can only be amended from the Monday following the date we receive your letter.

You can:

  • ask us for an explanation of how your benefit has been worked out
  • ask us to look again at the decision and change it if we think it is wrong
  • appeal against the decision

If you appeal an independent tribunal administered by The Appeals Service will hear your appeal.

If you would like independent advice you can contact the Citizens Advice Bureau.

For further information, please contact us online or call 023 9244 6382.