Havant Borough Council has 12 allotment sites, with a total of 770 plots, that are managed by partner Norse South East (NSE).
The provision of allotments by local authorities is an important part of offering recreational facilities to residents. Allotments can provide many things to different people including an opportunity for flat tenants to have a garden or people with gardens to extend their growing possibilities. They can also offer physical exercise outdoors, growing fresh vegetables, social interaction, plant and knowledge sharing.
Full list of allotment sites
- Emsworth: Redlands Grange, Warbligton Road, Victoria Road (Washington Road)
- Havant: New Road, Hooks Lane, Newbarn, Stockheath Road
- Hayling Island: Gable Head
- Waterlooville: Purbrook West, Purbrook East, Forest End (Plant Farm), Elizabeth Road
Waiting times for allotments will vary, you should expect to wait a minimum of at least 12 months, and possibly up to five and a half years for a plot to be allocated. If you would like to be added to the waiting list for allotments, please contact Norse South East directly using the details below.
Please contact NSE with any questions or enquiries, via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can ownership of an allotment be transferred to a family member? Yes, you can transfer to a family member.
- Can you have an allotment in Havant borough if you don't live in the borough or later move out of the borough? Yes, you can apply if you don’t live in borough however the fees will differ.
- Are there any rules regarding ownership of an allotment? Guidelines for allotment use can be found within the allotment tenancy document which will be sent to you once an allotment site has become available.
- Can you keep livestock on your allotments? Havant Borough Council do not allow livestock on their allotments.