Information on planned roadworks can be found on

It gives information about road closures, roadworks, obstructions, events and other information for road users in Hampshire.

For queries about roadworks in Hampshire please contact Hampshire County Council (HCC):

Request a road closure

If you wish to close a road for statutory works (water, gas, etc) please contact HCC at the earliest opportunity to discuss your requirements and obtain a licence to undertake the works. This is important to ensure that works do not clash with any other planned roadworks or another event/road closure nearby.

The HCC Streetworks Team is contactable via their webpage.

Once you have received approval from HCC please complete our application form and return it to

When submitting your application please ensure you attach:

  • a plan of the exact location to be closed, including distances if appropriate
  • a plan of the diversion route and details of diversionary signage.

All applications must be submitted no less than 6 weeks in advance of the proposed closure.


  • Closure under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act: £450.00 + 2 adverts in the local press*
  • Emergency Closure under section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act: £600.00 + 2 adverts in the local press if closure is more than 21 days*

*advertising cost to be processed separately following confirmation of price by press