The Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2005 allow individuals and companies to re-use information held in the public sector.
The regulations say public organisations, such as the council must:
- Publish a list of the main documents which can be re-used
- Publish any standard conditions associated with re-use
- Publish any standard charges associated with re-use
- Operate a request procedure
- Be fair, consistent and non-discriminatory
- Operate a complaints/appeals procedure.
There are some exemptions to these regulations and these cover:
- Documents held in libraries, archives and educational or research establishments
- Documents exempt from disclosure under Freedom of Information or Data Protection legislation
- Documents where the copyright or intellectual property rights are owned or controlled by a person or organisation other than the public sector body
- Documents held by public service broadcasters
Making an application
To make an application, you should provide the information listed below in writing.
Please email email@example.com or write to:
Customer Services, Havant Borough Council, Civic Offices, Havant, PO9 2AX.
- State your name and address
- Specify which documents or information you wish to re-use
- State how the document or information is to be re-used
Making a decision
We will action your request as quickly as possible and expect to provide a full response within 20 working days. If we are unable to respond within this timeframe due to the size of the request or the complexity we will contact you to explain the reason for delay.
Licences for re-use
You may need to take out a licence for the re-use. If so, we will tell you which type of licence you should apply for.
- Open Government License for public sector information (external link)
- UK Government Licensing Framework (external link)
Under Regulation 17 of The Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015, Havant Borough Council has an obligation to establish a transparent complaints procedure for any complaints related to the regulations.