This is the starting point for decision making. The Development Plan for Havant Borough is made up of:
- Havant Borough Local Plan (Core Strategy) (March 2011)
- Havant Borough Local Plan (Allocations) (July 2014)
- Hampshire Minerals & Waste Plan (2013)
All local authorities are expected to produce a Local Plan. The Havant Borough Local Plan is made up of the Havant Borough Local Plan (Core Strategy) and the Havant Borough Local Plan (Allocations) noted above.
Neighbourhood plans and village design statements
Neighbourhood Planning was introduced in the Localism Act (November 2011), to enable local communities to take more control over planning for development in their areas. Neighbourhood planning is designed to be a positive process, aimed at planning for new development to meet local needs. It cannot be used to stop development in an area, but it can help to shape and guide where development is located.
The Planning Advisory Service (PAS) has produced a number of helpful publications on neighbourhood planning.
The Local Plan can also included Neighbourhood Plans developed by the local communities - at present the borough has one designated forum and one designated area and this is for Emsworth
Local communities can also prepare a Village Design Statement, these are used as material consideration in the determination of planning applications.
Other material considerations
Supplementary Planning Documents form part of the Local Development Plan and Other Planning Policy Documents. They may cover a range of issues (thematic or site specific) which provide further details to policies in Development Plan Documents (DPD). They will not go through independent examination but will be subject to community consultation.
- Borough Design Guide SPD (Adopted December 2011)
- Housing SPD (Adopted July 2011) (pdf 1.25mb)
- Havant Public Service Village SPD (Adopted February 2010) (pdf 2.63mb)
- Parking SPD (Adopted July 2016)
- Havant Town Centre Urban Design Framework SPD (Adopted April 2006) (pdf 3.55mb)
- Leigh Park Strategic Framework SPD (Adopted July 2006) (pdf 1.77mb)
- Waterlooville Town Centre Urban Design Framework SPG (Adopted October 2004)
- Hayling Seafront Masterplan
- Design Guidelines for New Dwellings and Extensions Chichester Harbour Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (external website)