The Mayor of Havant, Councillor Elaine Shimbart is inviting primary school children to get creative and design her official 2017 Christmas card.
Children from school years four, five and six are being asked to submit their entries with the theme of ‘The Spirit of Christmas’ by Friday 10 November 2017. To take part schools will need to contact the Mayor’s Secretary on 02392 446152 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an official entry form and details.
The winning card will be chosen by the Mayor and used as her official Christmas card with the successful young artist receiving a prize of £50 for their school and a special tea in the Mayor’s Parlour.
The Mayor, Councillor Elaine Shimbart said: ’I am delighted to launch what I hope will be an annual Christmas card competition for the schools in the borough. I hope our budding young artists reach for their paint brushes, colouring pencils, pens and crayons and design my official Christmas card.
“I’m really looking forward to seeing all the artistic contributions – I am sure they will bring me much festive cheer.”
The winner will be announced in early December.
Entries should be sent to: The Mayor of Havant, c/o the Mayor’s Secretary, Public Service Plaza, Civic Centre Road, Havant, PO9 2AX
Christmas card competition entry guidance
- The competition is open to all pupils in years 4,5 and 6 (8-11 years old) in the Borough of Havant
- All entries should be to a maximum size of A4 (210mm x 297mm)
- Portrait or landscape orientation
- All entries should be “flat” – no uneven surfaces, no cotton wool, glitter, etc.
- Bright, vibrant colours reproduce well
- The use of crayons, paints or felt tips is permitted
- Dark backgrounds should be avoided
- Please include the pupil’s name age, year group and teacher’s signature on the entry
- Please note that unfortunately we will not be able to return any entries
- Copyright of the winning entry is passed to Havant Borough Council
- The closing date for the competition is Friday 10 November