Havant Borough Council does not have its own stock of council housing, or social housing as it is more commonly referred to. In partnership, Havant Borough Council, East Hampshire District Council, Test Valley Borough Council, Eastleigh Borough Council and Winchester City Council manage a choice-based letting scheme for allocating rented social housing. This is known as Hampshire Home Choice.
The Havant Housing service team offers advice and assistance including:
- A drop in housing advice service (10am - 4pm Mon-Thurs, 10am - 3.30pm Fri)
- Housing options interviews with a housing officer
- Help with applying for affordable housing
- Homelessness assessments and the provision of temporary accommodation
- Help with securing private rented accommodation through the Supported Tenancy Scheme
- Mediation to help resolve landlord / tenant disputes
- Assistance in avoiding repossession in court actions
- Advice for owner occupiers who may be facing financial difficulties
- Access to support services in the local area
- New affordable housing through the council's enabling capabilities
- The Council's Homelessness Strategy
- The Council's Allocations Policy
Housing Services are regularly reviewed to ensure that the highest quality service is delivered at the most cost effective price.