The borough benefits from a comprehensive network of bus services linking to surrounding areas such as Portsmouth, Petersfield and Chichester. These services are operated by Emsworth & District, First and Stagecoach.
See more information after the service list:
Bus service list
This is a list of the main services operating within the Borough boundary. Services 7C, 52 and 145 are school / college services but the general public can use them. Timetables for each service are available on the relevant bus company's web site, but the most convenient reference is Hampshire County Council's Bus Guide for the Havant area (external link), currently updated for the changes made in February 2015.
An up to date bus network map showing the key routes (shopper and schools services are omitted) is available on Open Streetmap (external link) - this link takes you to Havant town centre from where you can pan around the area, although if you zoom out the service numbers disappear (they re-appear as you zoom back in).
First 7: Wecock Farm - Waterlooville - Crookhorn - Cosham - North End - City Centre - Southsea
First 7C: South Downs College - Crookhorn - Cosham (college service)
First 8: Clanfield - Horndean - Cowplain - Waterlooville - Purbrook - Cosham - Stamshaw - Mile End - City Centre - Gunwharf
First X9: Hambledon - Denmead - Berewood - Waterlooville - Stakes - Widley - Queen Alexandra Hospital - M275 - City Centre - Gunwharf
Stagecoach 20: Havant - Leigh Park - Crookhorn - Queen Alexandra Hospital - Cosham - Stamshaw - City Centre - Gunwharf
Stagecoach 21: Havant - Leigh Park - Farlington - Copnor - St Marys Hospital - - City Centre - Gunwharf
Stagecoach 23: Leigh Park - Havant - Farlington - Cosham - City Centre - Gunwharf - Southsea
First 27: Rowlands Castle - Leigh Park - Havant - Denvilles - Emsworth
Emsworth & District 28: Havant - Denvilles - Emsworth - Westbourne - Southbourne
Stagecoach 30: Havant - West Town - Hayling Island - Eastoke - Havant
Stagecoach 31: Havant - Eastoke - Hayling Island - West Town - Havant
Emsworth & District 36: Asda - Bedhampton - Havant - Emsworth - Westbourne - Southbourne (shopper service Tuesdays only)
Stagecoach 37: Havant - Leigh Park - Crookhorn - Stakes Lodge - Waterlooville - Hurstwood - Cowplain - Horndean - Clanfield - Petersfield (some journeys continue as 38 to Alton)
Stagecoach 39: Havant - Leigh Park - Crookhorn - Stakes Hill - Waterlooville - Wecock Farm
First 52: Fareham - Cosham - Crookhorn (school service)
Xelabus 74: Havant - Solent Road (free shopper service)
First 145: Hambledon - Denmead - Waterlooville - Crookhorn - Bedhampton - Havant - Emsworth (school service)
Emsworth & District 300: Denmead - Milton Road - Cowplain - Hazelton Way - Horndean - Rowlands Castle - Funtington - Ashling - Chichester (monthly shopper service)
Stagecoach 700: Felpham - Bognor Regis - Chichester - Southbourne - Emsworth - Havant - Hilsea - North End - Mile End - City Centre - Gunwharf
Other community transport services (Call & Go, Shopmobility, TaxiShare etc.) operate in the Borough including areas not covered by conventional bus services.
27 January 2016 - Emsworth and District are restarting their route 300 between Denmead and Chichester via Horndean, Rowlands Castle and Funtington. It will operate monthly, on the last Wednesday of each month. Unlike the former 300, it will not serve Waterlooville centre, Emsworth or Southbourne, the route from Denmead being via Sunnymead Drive, Milton Road, Lovedean Lane, London Road, Hazelton estate, Horndean, Rowlands Castle Road, Treadwheel Road, Woodhouse Lane, Bowes Hill, Rowlands Castle, Comley Hill, Emsworth Common Road, Aldsworth, Funtington and East Ashling to Chichester.
30 November 2015 - from this date Emsworth and District service 36 (Asda - Havant - Southbourne) will operate on Tuesdays only. In other words, it will operate to its current Monday - Friday timetable until Friday 27th November, and then on 1st, 8th, 15th December and so on. Emsworth and District service 300 (Denmead - Chichester) will be withdrawn, last day of service is 25th November. Minor amendments to timetable for service 28.
Hampshire County Council produces a range of information about local transport services, go to the HCC bus guides page (external link) for more information.
- A3 Bus Priority Corridor (external link) - the bus priority route used by 'Star' service 8 between Portsmouth, Cosham, Waterlooville and Clanfield. Includes real time information.
- MyJourney Hampshire (external link) - comprehensive journey planning and travel information across the south of Hampshire.
- Traveline NextBuses (external link) - web based application giving times of the next buses calling at a bus stop of your choice. Enter a postcode or address, choose the stop from the list / map and the times of the next buses due to call will be shown.
- Havant Bus Station - details of the second busiest bus station in Hampshire, with information about the facilities provided.
- Quality Bus Partnerships - local authorities and operators work together on a route-by-route basis to deliver comprehensive improvements to bus services. QBPs cover services 7, 8, 20, 21, 23, 37, 39 and 700, serving destinations such as Portsmouth, Southsea, Waterlooville, Petersfield and Chichester.
- Hampshire County Council's Passenger Transport Group (external link) - strategic information about passenger transport across the county.
- Transport for South Hampshire (external link) - details of the partnership covering southern Hampshire which seeks to develop all transport modes in a sustainable way by making infrastructure improvements and providing improved facilities.
- SolentGo Travelcard (external link) - allows bus travel across southern Hampshire using multiple operators through a single 'travelcard' ticket, priced at £8 per day, £30 per week, £100 for 28 days or £280 for 13 weeks. Also available for use on local ferries.
- Details of the Hampshire concessionary bus travel scheme are available on the concessionary travel section of the Hampshire County Council website (external link).