The borough benefits from a comprehensive network of bus services linking to surrounding areas such as Portsmouth, Petersfield and Chichester. These services are operated by Emsworth & District, First and Stagecoach.
See more information after the service list:
Bus service list
This is a list of the main services operating within the Borough boundary. Services 7C, 52 and 145 are school / college services but the general public can use them. Timetables for each service are available on the relevant bus company's web site, but the most convenient reference is Hampshire County Council's Bus Guide for the Havant area (external link), currently updated for the changes made in February 2015.
An up to date bus network map showing the key routes (shopper and schools services are omitted) is available on Open Streetmap (external link) - this link takes you to Havant town centre from where you can pan around the area, although if you zoom out the service numbers disappear (they re-appear as you zoom back in).
First 7: Wecock Farm - Waterlooville - Crookhorn - Cosham - North End - City Centre - Southsea
First 7C: South Downs College - Crookhorn - Cosham (college service)
First 8: Clanfield - Horndean - Cowplain - Waterlooville - Purbrook - Cosham - Stamshaw - Mile End - City Centre - Gunwharf
First X9: Hambledon - Denmead - Waterlooville - Stakes - Widley - Queen Alexandra Hospital - M275 - City Centre - Gunwharf
Stagecoach 20: Havant - Leigh Park - Crookhorn - Queen Alexandra Hospital - Cosham - Stamshaw - City Centre - Gunwharf
Stagecoach 21: Havant - Leigh Park - Farlington - Copnor - St Marys Hospital - - City Centre - Gunwharf
Stagecoach 23: Leigh Park - Havant - Farlington - Cosham - City Centre - Gunwharf - Southsea
First 27: Rowlands Castle - Leigh Park - Havant - Denvilles - Emsworth
Emsworth & District 28: Havant - Denvilles - Emsworth - Westbourne - Southbourne
Stagecoach 30: Havant - West Town - Hayling Island - Eastoke - Havant
Stagecoach 31: Havant - Eastoke - Hayling Island - West Town - Havant
Emsworth & District 36: Bedhampton - Havant - Emsworth - Westbourne - Southbourne
Stagecoach 37: Havant - Leigh Park - Crookhorn - Stakes Lodge - Waterlooville - Hurstwood - Cowplain - Horndean - Clanfield - Petersfield (continues as 38 to Alton)
Stagecoach 39: Havant - Leigh Park - Crookhorn - Stakes Hill - Waterlooville - Wecock Farm
First 52: Fareham - Cosham - Crookhorn (school service)
Stagecoach 74: Havant - Solent Road (shopper service)
First 145: Hambledon - Denmead - Waterlooville - Crookhorn - Bedhampton - Havant - Emsworth (school service)
Emsworth & District 300: Denmead - Waterlooville - Horndean - Rowlands Castle - Emsworth - Chichester (shopper service)
Stagecoach 700: Felpham - Bognor Regis - Chichester - Southbourne - Emsworth - Havant - Hilsea - North End - Mile End - City Centre - Gunwharf
3 May 2015 - Hayling Island services 30 and 31 now run a combined 30 minute frequency on Sundays and Bank Holidays. Evening service 700 journeys to / from Portsmouth now run 'through' to / from service 23 between Havant and Portsmouth / Southsea with guaranteed connections, meaning the evening frequency on service 23 between Havant and Portsmouth has doubled.
4 January 2015 - due to funding support for some contracted bus services being cut by Hampshire County Council, service 27 (Rowlands Castle - Havant - Emsworth) will now only run every two hours and will be operated by First. In Leigh Park the route will be via Dunsbury Way and Middle Park Way instead of via West Leigh. Emsworth and District will run a new commercial service 28 between Havant and Emsworth / Southbourne, timed to fill the gaps in the 27 on common sections of route. Service 36A (Emsworth - Havant - Crookhorn - Queen Alexandra Hospital) will be withdrawn. Evening and Sunday journeys on 21, 30 and 31 are also reduced, and the service 38 extensions of service 37 no longer run on Saturdays.
31 August 2014 - revised times on 20, 21 and 39. Revised times and route on schools services 727, 737 and 747 serving South Downs College.
27 July 2014 - revised times on 7 and 8. Revised route on X9 with most journeys operating via Berewood. Journeys terminating at Denmead will now operate direct via Hambledon Road instead of via Milton Road and Sunnymead Drive.
4 May 2014 - service 20 terminates at Portsmouth (Gunwharf) with extension to Southsea withdrawn; all service 23 journeys run via Gunwharf on route between City Centre and Southsea (currently these diversions only operate on Sundays); revised times on service 39; service 700 terminates at Portsmouth (Gunwharf) with extension to Southsea withdrawn, and route terminates at Bognor Regis (change of buses needed to continue to Brighton).
Hampshire County Council produces a range of information about local transport services, go to the HCC bus guides page (external link) for more information.
- A3 Bus Priority Corridor (external link) - the bus priority route used by 'Star' service 8 between Portsmouth, Cosham, Waterlooville and Clanfield. Includes real time information.
- MyJourney Hampshire (external link) - comprehensive journey planning and travel information across the south of Hampshire.
- Traveline NextBuses (external link) - web based application giving times of the next buses calling at a bus stop of your choice. Enter a postcode or address, choose the stop from the list / map and the times of the next buses due to call will be shown.
- Havant Bus Station - details of the second busiest bus station in Hampshire, with information about the facilities provided.
- Quality Bus Partnerships - local authorities and operators work together on a route-by-route basis to deliver comprehensive improvements to bus services. QBPs cover services 7, 8, 20, 21, 23, 37, 39 and 700, serving destinations such as Portsmouth, Southsea, Waterlooville, Petersfield and Chichester.
- Hampshire County Council's Passenger Transport Group (external link) - strategic information about passenger transport across the county.
- Transport for South Hampshire (external link) - details of the partnership covering southern Hampshire which seeks to develop all transport modes in a sustainable way by making infrastructure improvements and providing improved facilities.
- SolentGo Travelcard (external link) - allows bus travel across southern Hampshire using multiple operators through a single 'travelcard' ticket, priced at £8 per day, £30 per week, £100 for 28 days or £280 for 13 weeks. Also available for use on local ferries.
- Details of the Hampshire concessionary bus travel scheme are available on the concessionary travel section of the Hampshire County Council website (external link).