The borough benefits from a comprehensive network of bus services linking to surrounding areas such as Portsmouth, Petersfield and Chichester.
Borough-wide online public transport information is available on our TBC Times website (www.havant.tbctimes.co.uk) with local bus and rail timetables and maps specific to the borough. See below for details of recent changes.
Hampshire County Council produces a range of information about local transport services, go to the HCC bus guides page (external link) for more information.
Other bus related web links:
- A3 Bus Priority Corridor (external link) - the bus priority route used by 'Star' service 8 between Portsmouth, Cosham, Waterlooville and Clanfield. Includes real time information.
- MyJourney (external link) - comprehensive journey planning and travel information across the south of Hampshire.
- Traveline NextBuses (external link) - web based application giving times of the next buses calling at a bus stop of your choice. Enter a postcode or address, choose the stop from the list / map and the times of the next buses due to call will be shown.
- Havant Bus Station - details of the second busiest bus station in Hampshire, with information about the facilities provided.
- Quality Bus Partnerships - local authorities and operators work together on a route-by-route basis to deliver comprehensive improvements to bus services. QBPs cover services 7, 8, 20, 21, 23, 37, 39 and 700, serving destinations such as Portsmouth, Southsea, Waterlooville, Petersfield and Chichester.
- Hampshire County Council's Passenger Transport Group (external link) - strategic information about passenger transport across the county.
- Transport for South Hampshire (external link) - details of the partnership covering southern Hampshire which seeks to develop all transport modes in a sustainable way by making infrastructure improvements and providing improved facilities.
- Solent Travelcard (external link) - allows bus travel across southern Hampshire using multiple operators through a single 'travelcard' ticket, priced at £7.50 per day, or £30 per week.
- Details of the Hampshire concessionary bus travel scheme are available on the concessionary travel section of the Hampshire County Council website (external link).
Recent and upcoming changes to bus services
1 September 2013 - revised route and times on service 20; revised times on services 21, 23, 37, 38 and 39.
27 October 2013 - winter timetable on service 700.
5 January 2014 - minor changes to service 7 with additional journeys for South Downs College.
4 May 2014 - service 20 terminates at Portsmouth (The Hard) with extension to Southsea withdrawn; all service 23 journeys run via The Hard on route between City Centre and Southsea (currently these diversions only operate on Sundays); revised times on service 39; service 700 terminates at Portsmouth (The Hard) with extension to Southsea withdrawn, and route terminates at Bognor Regis (change of buses needed to contnue to Brighton).
27 July 2014 - revised times on 7 and 8. Revised route on X9 with most journeys operating via Berewood. Journeys terminating at Denmead will now operate direct via Hambledon Road instead of via Milton Road and Sunnymead Drive.