The borough benefits from a comprehensive network of bus services linking to surrounding areas such as Portsmouth, Petersfield and Chichester.
Borough-wide online public transport information is available on our TBC Times website (www.havant.tbctimes.co.uk) with local bus and rail timetables and maps specific to the borough. See below for details of recent changes.
Hampshire County Council produces a range of information about local transport services, go to the HCC bus guides page (external link) for more information.
Other bus related web links:
- A3 Bus Priority Corridor (external link) - the bus priority route used by 'Star' service 8 between Portsmouth, Cosham, Waterlooville and Clanfield. Includes real time information.
- MyJourney (external link) - comprehensive journey planning and travel information across the south of Hampshire.
- Traveline NextBuses (external link) - web based application giving times of the next buses calling at a bus stop of your choice. Enter a postcode or address, choose the stop from the list / map and the times of the next buses due to call will be shown.
- Havant Bus Station - details of the second busiest bus station in Hampshire, with information about the facilities provided.
- Quality Bus Partnerships - local authorities and operators work together on a route-by-route basis to deliver comprehensive improvements to bus services. QBPs cover services 7, 8, 20, 21, 23, 37, 39 and 700, serving destinations such as Portsmouth, Southsea, Waterlooville, Petersfield, Chichester and Brighton.
- Hampshire County Council's Passenger Transport Group (external link) - strategic information about passenger transport across the county.
- Transport for South Hampshire (external link) - details of the partnership covering southern Hampshire which seeks to develop all transport modes in a sustainable way by making infrastructure improvements and providing improved facilities.
- Solent Travelcard (external link) - allows bus travel across southern Hampshire using multiple operators through a single 'travelcard' ticket, priced at £7.50 per day, or £30 per week.
- Details of the Hampshire concessionary bus travel scheme are available on the concessionary travel section of the Hampshire County Council website (external link).
Recent changes to bus services
22 April 2013 - revised times on service 27; new service 36A running between Emsworth (Hampshire Farm), Havant, Crookhorn and QA Hospital in Cosham
9 June 2013 - minor timing changes on services 7, X8 and X9; revised route in Portsmouth on service 8; services X40, X41 withdrawn
1 September 2013 - revised route and times on service 20; revised times on services 21, 23, 37, 38 and 39
27 October 2013 - winter timetable on service 700
5 January 2014 - minor changes to service 7 with additional journeys for South Downs College