Havant Borough Council are leading on a project to develop new and exciting facilities at Front Lawn Recreation Ground in Leigh Park.
The £1.5million project is taking shape, with works now underway on site. Once completed the area will provide much improved sports facilities on the site as well as developing a number of community programmes.
The new facilities attracted funding from a number of sources and will include:
- A redeveloped changing facility which will meet modern day standards
- A full size floodlit 3G artificial grass pitch
- A floodlit Multi Use Sport Area
- Improved and increased car parking
- A Community facility that will offer space for the delivery of social inclusion programmes by local providers and health organisations.
Havant Borough Council have been success in securing a significant amount of external funding from both the Football Foundation and Sport England towards this project.
An operator has been appointed to manage the site on behalf of Havant Borough Council and will work with Havant & Waterlooville Youth FC along with other community partners to deliver a variety of programmes and initiatives.
Work on site will be on going until Winter 2017 with the facility being built by HP Contracts, Tiger Turf and McArdle Sport. Once completed, Front Lawn Recreation Ground will be able to boast high quality community facilities that will attract a number of partners to deliver programmes and initiatives for local Havant borough residents.