The Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) is an important piece of evidence base which informs the preparation of the Local Plan. The SHLAA contains an assessment of the amount of land that is available for housing development. As such, the document provides details of all sites considered to offer development potential for five dwellings or more. The role of the SHLAA is to:
- Identify sites with potential for housing
- Assess their housing potential
- Assess when they are likely to be developed
The SHLAA does not determine whether a site will be allocated for housing development, this is the role of the Local Plan (Allocations).
The SHLAA will be updated annually as a result of the Annual Monitoring Report (AMR).
- SHLAA 10th edition (December 2017) (pdf 856 kb)
The maps of the Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) can be found below:
- Emsworth SHLAA (pdf 4.2 mb)
- Havant and Bedhampton SHLAA (pdf 4.2 mb)
- Hayling Island North SHLAA (pdf 1.6 mb)
- Hayling Island South SHLAA (pdf 2.5 mb)
- Leigh Park SHLAA (pdf 4 mb)
- Waterlooville SHLAA (pdf 5.3 mb)
Previous editions of the SHLAA are also available to view for archive purposes:
- SHLAA 9th edition
- SHLAA 8th edition
- SHLAA 7th edition
- SHLAA 6th edition
- SHLAA 5th edition
- SHLAA 4th edition
The Brownfield Register
The Government has introduced a requirement for all Local Authorities to prepare a Brownfield Land Register for their area and publish it by 31st December 2017. The Brownfield Register for Havant has now been published and can be viewed below.
The Government requires that local planning authorities provide the information in their brownfield registers in a particular format in accordance with:
- Brownfield lane registers date standard (external link)
What is the Brownfield Land Register?
The Brownfield Land Register provides up-to-date, publicly available information on Brownfield (previously developed) land that is suitable for housing. The Council has used its Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) to help identify all the Brownfield sites in the borough.
- Havant Brownfield Register 2017 (xls 18 kb)