If you are planning, or would like to plan an event on land owned by Havant Borough Council, please complete our event application form and refer to our Conditions of Hire and external links below.
Before planning your event please contact us to ensure the area of land you want to use is available and suitable for the type of event you are proposing.
Once we've agreed your location with you, complete the event application form and return to address below.
You must send a comprehensive risk assessment and copy of your public liability certificate to gain full consent for your event to take place.
After we receive your completed application and supporting documents, it will be sent to Havant’s Safety Advisory Group. This group consists of representatives from the Police, Fire as well as other relevant council departments such as Licensing and Traffic.
You will be notified once a decision has been made on your application.
If you wish to organise a street party to celebrate the Royal Wedding on Saturday 19 May - please let us know the details by Friday 27 April.
The council is keen to offer free advice to residents wishing to organise a street party and ensure they are aware of what needs to be considered. For example to keeping emergency vehicle access available at all times – if road closure is required an application needs to be made in advance.
- Check that the residents in the street are happy with the proposed event.
- Plan the event to avoid busy times.
- Plan the event to avoid damage to the road or footway.
- Consider what you would need to do to allow easy access for emergency vehicles in the case of an accident or fire.
- Plan how you will clean the street after the party.
Please complete the below road closure application if you would like to hold a street party.
Please follow the notes found on the application form.
- Application to hold an event (pdf 91 kb)
- Conditions of hire to hold an event (pdf 52 kb)
- Road closure application (pdf 243 kb)
- Emergency services and local authority contact details (pdf 20 kb)
For more information on planning an event, please contact us online or call 023 9244 6406.