In 2014, a community group called the Emsworth Forum applied to Havant Borough Council to be designated as the ’neighbourhood forum’ and the Emsworth Ward to be designated as a ‘neighbourhood area’ for the purposes of neighbourhood planning.
On 23 July 2014, the council approved the designation of the 'Emsworth Forum' and the proposed area as being appropriate, in accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012.
- Cabinet meeting, Wednesday 25 June 2014 - Agenda and draft minutes
- Wednesday 23 July - Link to agenda and supporting documentation
The Emsworth Forum have been working since then to draw up a Neighbourhood Plan for the future of the town. Further details can be found below and on the Emsworth Forum Website.
Consultation on Submission Draft of the Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan
The Emsworth forum submitted their Neighbourhood Plan to the council on 25 April 2019. In accordance with Regulation 16, the council is obliged to run a six week consultation on that plan, before an independent examination of the plan, followed by a referendum in the local area.
Comments on the plan are invited by 7 June 2019.
Any person wishing to make a comment on the Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan must do so no later than 7 June 2019 by writing to email@example.com or Planning Policy, Havant Borough Council, Civic Centre Road, Havant, PO9 2AX. All comments will be passed to the independent examiner to consider.
The Sumission Documents are available below:
- Submission Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Notice (pdf 136 kb)
- Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan Submission Letter To Havant Borough Council 25 April 2019 no signature (pdf 132 kb)
- Submission Version Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan (pdf 8.5 mb)
- Basic Conditions Statement March 2019 (pdf 344 kb)
- Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement (pdf 1.8 mb)
- Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan SEA HRA Screening Opinion letter (pdf 148 kb)
- Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan - SEA Screening Opinion (April 2019 post consultation) (pdf 481 kb)
- Legal checklist Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan (pdf 117 kb)
Re-designation of the Forum and the Neighbourhood Area
The designation of the Emsworth Forum as the body empowered to undertake Neighbourhood Planning expires after 5 years, that is, in July 2019. For this reason, the Emsworth forum have re-applied to the council to designate the forum and the Neighbourhood Area, so that they may see the Neighbourhood Plan through to completion.
The current application for designation was received on 17 April 2019. The application documents are available below:
- Emsworth Forum Designation Schedule A (pdf 442 kb)
- Emsworth Forum Designation Schedule B (pdf 49 kb)
- Emsworth Forum Designation Schedule C (pdf 61 kb)
- Emsworth Forum Designation Schedule D (pdf 84 kb)
- Emsworth Forum Designation Schedule E (pdf 43 kb)
- Emsworth Forum Designation Schedule F (pdf 53 kb)
- Emsworth Forum Designation Letter to Havant Borough Council dated 17 April 2019 (pdf 121 kb)
Any person wishing to make a representation on this application must do so no later than 7 June 2019, by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or Planning Policy, Havant Borough Council, Civic Centre Road, Havant, PO9 2AX.
The council will then consider whether to designate the Forum and the Neighbourhood area at the Cabinet meeting on 26 June 2019 and the Full Council meeting on 10 July 2019. If a designation is made, no other organisation or body may be designated for the same neighbourhood area until that designation expires or is withdrawn.
Any questions should be directed to the Planning Policy Team at the above email address or on telephone 023 9244 6539.