Data protection

The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right of access to personal data that relates to you.

This right, commonly referred to as subject access, allows individuals to see a copy of the information an organisation holds about them.

If you want to know the personal information held about you by Havant Borough Council you should provide the information listed below in writing.

Please email or write to:

Customer Services, Havant Borough Council, Civic Offices, Havant, PO9 2AX.

  • Full name and any former names
  • Full postal address (if less than 2 years at current address also former addresses)
  • Telephone number
  • Date of birth
  • List any specific service areas for which data is required
  • Proof of identity (passport, driving licence, utility bills etc)
  • Fee of £10 made out to Havant Borough Council
  • For CCTV requests then please also provide the time of the incident and details so that the right event/individual can be identified.

We have 40 days to respond to your request.


If you wish to ask us anything about data protection, want to ask for a copy of your data, or you have a complaint about how we have used or looked after your data, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) by emailing or contacting the DPO at the council offices.

If you remain unsatisfied after the review outcome, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).