Havant Borough Council is committed to providing services based on customer needs and expectations. The council needs to consult so that it can improve the level of services provided for the community and its customers.
Consultation helps us to:
Find out the needs, aspirations and priorities of our communities and customers
Develop services that fit with customer's and other users' requirements
Prioritise services that will enable the council to concentrate its resources in the most efficient manner
The council undertakes a number of consultations with a variety of people living and working in the Borough, as well as businesses and other local organisations.
Amendment to public spaces protection order
- PSPO - Dogs in Havant Variation (pdf 182 kb)
- PSPO - Dogs in Havant Schedule Variation (pdf 1.3 mb)
- PSPO - Dogs in Havant Notice to Vary (pdf 68 kb)
Havant Borough Council is consulting on an amendment to our current public spaces protection order (PSPO). The current PSPO came into force on 1 May 2017 and places a number of obligations on dog owners:
- Exclusion of dogs from land
- Fouling of land by dogs and the removal of dog faeces
- Dogs on leads
- Dogs on leads by directio
The proposed order provides for the revision of the areas included in the schedules:
- Removal of Area 2 in Schedule A
- Amendment of Area 1 (Hayling Beach) in Schedule A
- Adding the artificial rugby pitch at Havant Rugby Football Club and play area at Hampshire Farm, Emsworth into Schedule B.
How to respond
The consultation will be open for 6 weeks starting on Friday 23 November 2018.
All responses must be made in writing and be submitted by 5pm on 4 January 2018. Responses can be submitted in one of the following ways:
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In writing to: Neighbourhood Support, Havant Borough Council, Public Service Plaza, Havant, Hampshire PO9 2AX
- Written responses can also be hand delivered to the Havant Borough Council, Public Service Plaza, Havant, Hampshire PO9 2AX addressed to Neighbourhood Support.
What happens next?
Once the consultation has been completed, any responses will be reviewed by officers of the council, who will decide whether the amended PSPO should be adopted and when it should take effect from.