The borough benefits from a comprehensive network of bus services linking to surrounding areas such as Portsmouth, Petersfield and Chichester.
These services are operated by Emsworth & District, First and Stagecoach.
Bus service list
This is a list of the main services operating within the Borough boundary. Services 7C and 52 are school/college services but the general public can use them. Timetables for each service are available on the relevant bus company's web site, but the most convenient reference is Hampshire County Council's travel guide for the Havant area, currently updated for the changes made in April 2018.
An up to date bus network map showing the key routes (shopper and schools services are omitted) is available on Open Streetmap - this link takes you to Havant town centre from where you can pan around the area.
First D1: Waterlooville - Berewood - Hambledon Road - Denmead - Hambledon
First D2: Waterlooville - Berewood - Sunnymead Drive - Denmead
First 7: Wecock Farm - Waterlooville - Crookhorn - Cosham - North End - City Centre
First 7C: South Downs College - Crookhorn - Cosham (college service)
First 8: Clanfield - Horndean - Cowplain - Waterlooville - Purbrook - Cosham - Stamshaw - Mile End - City Centre - Gunwharf
Stagecoach 20: Havant - Leigh Park - Crookhorn - Queen Alexandra Hospital - Cosham - Stamshaw - City Centre - Gunwharf
Stagecoach 21: Havant - Leigh Park - Farlington - Copnor - St Marys Hospital - - City Centre - Gunwharf
Stagecoach 23: Leigh Park - Havant - Farlington - Cosham - City Centre - Gunwharf - Southsea
First 27: Rowlands Castle - Leigh Park - Havant - Denvilles - Emsworth
Stagecoach 30: Havant - West Town - Hayling Island - Eastoke - Havant
Stagecoach 31: Havant - Eastoke - Hayling Island - West Town - Havant
Stagecoach 37: Havant - Leigh Park - Crookhorn - Stakes Lodge - Waterlooville - Hurstwood - Cowplain - Horndean - Clanfield - Petersfield (some journeys continue as 38 to Alton)
Stagecoach 39: Havant - Leigh Park - Crookhorn - Stakes Hill - Waterlooville - Wecock Farm
First 52: Fareham - Cosham - Crookhorn (school service)
Stagecoach 54: Petersfield – South Harting - Compton – Westbourne – New Brighton roundabout – Funtington – Chichester
Portsmouth City Coaches 149: Hayling Ferry – Beachlands – Eastoke – Mengham – West Town – Hayling Ferry
Stagecoach 700: Felpham - Bognor Regis - Chichester - Southbourne - Emsworth - Havant - Hilsea - North End - Mile End - City Centre - Gunwharf
Other community transport services operate in the borough including areas not covered by conventional bus services.
Recent and upcoming changes to bus services
28 January 2019
The trial service 149 serving Hayling Ferry is being withdrawn from this date due to lack of support.
24 September 2018
- New service 149 launches as a 6-month trial linking Hayling Ferry with southern Hayling Island. On the Portsmouth side, First have extended their service 15 to also meet the ferry so there are now through links on both sides of the ferry.
2 September 2018
- Service 7 Wecock Farm – Waterlooville – Portsmouth - Southsea: will only operate between Wecock Farm and Winston Churchill Avenue (City Centre). The section of route between Winston Churchill Avenue and Southsea is withdrawn. Revised frequencies: 12 minutes Monday - Friday daytime (currently 10 minutes); 15 minutes Saturday daytime (currently 12 minutes); 15 minutes Sunday daytimes (currently 20 minutes). Timetable revised throughout.
- Service 7C South Downs College - Portsmouth: revised timetable.
- Service 8 Clanfield – Waterlooville - Portsmouth: extended from The Hard via Old Portsmouth to Clarence Pier on Mondays – Saturdays. Revised timetables.
- Service D1 Waterlooville – Berewood – Denmead - Hambledon: revised to operate via Tamworth Road, Auger Row and Darnel Road instead of via Hambledon Road. Frequency reduced to one every 2 hours.
- Service D2 Waterlooville – Berewood - Denmead: frequency reduced to one every 2 hours.
Hampshire County Council produces a range of information and updates about local transport services on their website.